What is this really?! ( A pic! )

Sampo

Someone is selling this item by name power box and it's made by Powertech.

What is this! A chip maybe!?!

There is the Ford emblem on the top of it... How can there be a Ford emblem in an item made by Powertech? :confused:

Attachments

• SC!.jpg
    SC!.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 329
I'm with Jason on this one.

I believe Powertech put out a chip that came in a module you sandwiched between the main plug going into the EEC, and the EEC itself. ...Like that black unit on the end where the main plug normally goes.

Just get a chip and tune by Dave Dalke and be done with it!

Cheers,

Sean

Just get a chip and tune by Dave Dalke and be done with it!

Frikken ditto.....he is the best of the best when it comes to dyno tuning and chipping. People from as far as across the country from him ask for his work, and have never even met him!

BTW, that "powerbox" looks like the one i had on my car before me and dave chipped it. It screws with your timing and thats about it. My car was running hella lean when it was on. It gave me no performance benefits whatsoever.

E-mail XR7 Dave at mdkracing at alltel dot net he can hook you up with pricing and whatnot.
Ask around, others will agree with me

(EDIT: I also now see you are in Finland. You could still buy his chip, but you would have to tweek it yourself. Still, e-mail him and see what he can do)

Thanks guys!

And quess what...I have emailed him so many times! :) ;)

I just thought I don't want to disturb him again asking what is this...:eek:

But David if you see this...What information do you exactly need from the dyno when you are burning chip to my car?

I can't speak 100% for Dave.... BUT I do recall him saying to do a "mailorder" chip he would need the dyno chart WITH A/F ratio at the very least. If you have a way you can provide MAF voltage compared to RPM I am sure that would help a bunch as well. If not make sure you give him a COMPLETE list of EVERYTHING done to the car and possible even brand names of parts used. Definately let him know what MAF, TB, Supercharger mods, supercharger overdrive, Stock or 180 degree thermostat, exhaust (stock or whatever).

He may not need ALL this info, but the way I see it, I would rather send too much than not enough. Best bet of course is to contact him directly as he will tell you exactly what he HAS to have to do your chip/tune.

Tracy

Whats the differance between a chip and a tune

XR7inWI said:
I can't speak 100% for Dave.... BUT I do recall him saying to do a "mailorder" chip he would need the dyno chart WITH A/F ratio at the very least. If you have a way you can provide MAF voltage compared to RPM I am sure that would help a bunch as well. If not make sure you give him a COMPLETE list of EVERYTHING done to the car and possible even brand names of parts used. Definately let him know what MAF, TB, Supercharger mods, supercharger overdrive, Stock or 180 degree thermostat, exhaust (stock or whatever).

He may not need ALL this info, but the way I see it, I would rather send too much than not enough. Best bet of course is to contact him directly as he will tell you exactly what he HAS to have to do your chip/tune.

Tracy

Can this be done without a dyno sheet or the car running. I know that sounds stupid, but I am in the process of getting the trans out to be sent out. While its out I will be putting 94/95 blower with 76mm MAF, 75mm TB and #42 injectors. I doubt the car will run with the changes to get to a dyno. Its 93 SC.

Sampo said:
Thanks guys!

And quess what...I have emailed him so many times! :) ;)

I just thought I don't want to disturb him again asking what is this...:eek:

But David if you see this...What information do you exactly need from the dyno when you are burning chip to my car?

Tracy is right. Mainly I need to know processor code, MAF, injectors, boost levels, internal engine and exhaust mods.

Dahoopd said:
Can this be done without a dyno sheet or the car running. I know that sounds stupid, but I am in the process of getting the trans out to be sent out. While its out I will be putting 94/95 blower with 76mm MAF, 75mm TB and #42 injectors. I doubt the car will run with the changes to get to a dyno. Its 93 SC.

If you get the correct MAF it will run fine. Let me know if you need anything for it.

David

Back