Intake Manifold Removel ?

Spider

ok i never been this far on this car and im looking at it and dont know where to start.

can anyone help out on what i need to take off and mybe where i should start cause all im seeing is Clutter :p

if it was a old Chevy 350 i wouldnt be asking but you know what this is :D 1990 SC

i got valve cover gaskets to to replace while im there but and to what i need to take off i have no idea where to start cause i dont wana take off more than i need to :)

any bit of help would be great. ill be buying a SSCOA Membership and soon as i get my car on the road. no sense in buying a membership for something i dont have on the road yet lol.
hopefully within 2 weeks ill be done :rolleyes:
thanks

Ok...

Just FYI....A lot of TECHNICAL info is in the members only section. VERY worth getting.

Anyway, remove the belts to the blower. Then remove the blower. This is done by removing the one front bolt (15MM) and the two side bolts (10MM) and the throttle cable bracket bolts (10MM). If your car has an EGR valve (90 auto or stick, the auto's did not have EGR), you will need to remove the egr from the intake manifold. Best way is removing the cowling near the wipers and having better access.

Next is removing the SC from the intake manifold (just lifts off). You must remove the IC tube (upper one 13MM), and the rear rubber bypass tube.

Now, using the fuel rail disconnecting tool, remove the fuel lines and fuel rail assembly from the intake.

Be careful removing the injector assembly.

It's not that bad once you dive into it.

Kinda like cold water in a pool, hard and first and even though you don't like it, it's not that bad!!!

Don

Need more info...

What are you trying to do? Have you removed the supercharger yet? I'm not clear on how far you have gone with tear-down, or what you are trying to get to. (Basically, what have you taken off, and what are you trying to fix?)

Back