Double IC install questions

90blkbrd

I am trying to install my Double IC. I can't see to get the top and upper tube to line up. What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• P1070067.JPG
    P1070067.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 178
  • P1070068.JPG
    P1070068.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 161
  • P1070069.JPG
    P1070069.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 150
try to first bolt on the top! then the you can move up and down the SUPERCHARGED tube to adjust! u can also adjust the lower tub if it aint bolted on to the bracket.

So what you are saying is I need to loosen the collar nut, then it might work.

I have a set of non tbird88 IC gaskets. I took them back off and I think I can get it to fit. Trying this right now.

I's just cut the braket under the tube, so you wouldn't have the problem adjusting abd lining up.
Don't think that gaskets are the problem in your case. What are you going to use to seal the parts?

BTW, why did you take the top off??? You could've just unbolt the stock IC and slide the DIC down.:rolleyes:

Actually I couldn't just slide the DIC down in. There wasn't room between the radiator support and the upper IC tube.

Plus I was once told that I might have a ported SC because of my 1/4 times. I guess I don't. I have only see 1 other SC with the top off and it had 120K on the motor. My car has 87K, I think this is a pretty clean SC.

Attachments

• P1070059.JPG
    P1070059.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 131
  • P1070060.JPG
    P1070060.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 122
Payton said:
What are you going to use to seal the parts?
Permatex red rtv. I can't find my copper rtv I used last time. I must be at my dad's shop with my collar wrench.

Well it all fit just right without the gaskets. I do have 1 more question. Should your boost levels change with the added CFM's that the DIC can move? I thought they might go down but they didn't change.

Now I just need to drive the car so the computer can relearn everything, it sure is running rough. It could be I didn't get the everything sealed right.

90blkbrd said:
Is this the bolt that everyone leaves off?
Yest that is the stud. You can put a socket on the end of it (I think it's 1/4") and take it off. Once you get it off, give it a good wing across the street into the neighbors yard.

Michael, it is a pia to get it all to line up with a dic. I cut off the bolt mount on the tub, and removed that stud as well.

If it is running rough then you have a leak, put the gaskets back in. There won't be a difference in boost levels, and make sure you have an ic fan on there, otherwise I heard the mod isn't worth anything.

T-bird4vr said:
If it is running rough then you have a leak, put the gaskets back in.
My car has always ran rough after unhooking the battery. I spent nearly 1.5 hours trying to get it to fit with these gaskets. I don't believe they are the same as yours. I believe these are a lot thicker and caused my fitment issues.

T-bird4vr said:
make sure you have an ic fan on there, otherwise I heard the mod isn't worth anything.

I haven't installed the IC fan yet. I spent so much time trying to get the IC to fit that I ran out of time. I will have it installed before it warms up.

Attachments

• P1070002.JPG
    P1070002.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 81
  • P1070003.JPG
    P1070003.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 90
T-bird4vr said:
If it is running rough then you have a leak, put the gaskets back in. There won't be a difference in boost levels, and make sure you have an ic fan on there, otherwise I heard the mod isn't worth anything.

I have to disagree with you! Your boos should be few psi down. Mine went 3-4psi down. It made such a great difference in car throttle response! I couldn't believe that just one bolt on can make a world of difference! Never mind that your car is running much cooler! I think there is a problem with your DIC. You should contact Steve Nicholson aka 92strokedbird regarding this, he makes great DIC and can consult you about problems you are having.

where did you get those IC gaskets form they look nothing like mine at all.
I still feel that RTV works just as well if not better.

the best i/c gaskets are made by tbird88(texas thunderbirds).they work like a champ and they're reusable.i think many sc owners on this site will back up what i say

have you checked the clearance around the side

of the radiator bracket???? also the gaskets are for a fast hookup as in the cold weather it takes a while for the cooper sealant to set up :D some use a hair dryer on high ...for 20 mintues on each fitting :p just make sure you have no fume vapors present:( .......:cool: just got back from vacation and was reading;) the site call me at 1/215/943/2007 if you still are having any problems ok:confused: ..after 6 pm :eek:

Back