bucking under boost

rzibilske77

On my 35th i am almost certain it has a bad cam sensor..i get the usual jumping tach...works sometimes other times nothing.
Wouldn't this cause a code? car never showed no codes
I am having bad bucking/hesitation under boost only and its only when car is hot.
Im thinking dis module heat soak...i took it off and cleaned it up, and put new heat sink to help?
So what next plugs? the wires are new and plugs are under a yr, though i dont like the brand i put in NGK Plat., though i never had issues with them?

either plugs or wires or fuel pump or clogged cats , when my fuel pump went it took me a year to figure it out mostly it would stall after warmed up at stop signs , and one time my pos batt terminal was touching the hood making it cut out, i never had probs with dis or coil pack one time it wouldnt restart it was cam sensor and one time i replaced crank sensor

Last edited:
wow this has come up a lot. thought I would post these for those of you who may own or have access to an oscilliscope.

Attachments

• scope patterns.gif
    scope patterns.gif
    31.6 KB · Views: 99
  • pattern2.gif
    pattern2.gif
    20.2 KB · Views: 85
one time i put in platinum autolite app103 it only ran a few weeks and started missing i went back to non platinum colder autolites its been fine for a few years

rlong,

I don't suppose you still have those plugs? or do you remember if they had blown the plat tip off the ground electrode? Heard of this many times but so far have yet to see it. Just wanted to play mythbuster.....

yes i blew the platinum off of at least 2 sets thats why i like regular plugs i may still have them if i find them ill take pics

HA! May have something for ya. Right from the horses mouth! Of course both TSB's are missing, but this may give you guys someplace to look.

Attachments

• bucking.gif
    bucking.gif
    32.5 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Problem resolved....finally get an easy break...i never get those.
#2 cylinder plug wire not even attached...:eek:
....so yea no more bucking etc..

rzibilske77 said:
On my 35th i am almost certain it has a bad cam sensor..i get the usual jumping tach...works sometimes other times nothing.
Wouldn't this cause a code? car never showed no codes
I am having bad bucking/hesitation under boost only and its only when car is hot.
Im thinking dis module heat soak...i took it off and cleaned it up, and put new heat sink to help?
So what next plugs? the wires are new and plugs are under a yr, though i dont like the brand i put in NGK Plat., though i never had issues with them?

rzibilske77 said:
Problem resolved....finally get an easy break...i never get those.
#2 cylinder plug wire not even attached...:eek:
....so yea no more bucking etc..
Happened to me after I installed my new IC setup. Did fine for a few burnouts and so I headed down the street to a good friend's sheetmetal shop. Bucked slightly, didn't think much of it and went on. Showed off my work and headed back to the shop, started buckin' so bad didn't think I'd make it back!

Turns out I had dislodged #4 when I got rid of the lower IC pipe. Clicked it back into place and she was good to go. Same plugs for 2 yrs of daily driving, sez volumes for the stock ignition system!

'bird

tbird88 said:
Same plugs for 2 yrs of daily driving, sez volumes for the stock ignition system!

'bird
lol only you AND i WOULD RUN THE SAME PLUGS .

we can build all kinds of stuff and do weird things to our cars but to lazy to change plugs I went 2 1/2 yrs on a set of plugs I only changed them because engine was out and i broke one removing engine .lol

Back