351 pics anybody??

ndoftyme69

I'm lookin for pics of any mn12 thunderbird with a 351 or bigger. I'm thinkin of buyin a 351w or 351c and sellin my 2 sc engines.

ndoftyme69 said:
I'm lookin for pics of any mn12 thunderbird with a 351 or bigger. I'm thinkin of buyin a 351w or 351c and sellin my 2 sc engines.
Im building a 351W engine for my 91 SC. I have a 393 stroker kit, Edelbrock aluminum performance heads, & this weekend I will buy a retro fit hydrolic roller cam. You will need to use 302 MN12 motor mounts & modify the steering shaft( for header clearance) & use 5.0 to 5.8 engine swap headers. I am useing my AOD from the SC, just upgradeing it with Art carr goodies to handle the engine. I want it to be fuel injected so Im going to get the trickflow intake manifold & after market computer. The ford racing oil pan will clear the K-member. Bruce richards has a 93 LX with a 393 carburated engine over at TCCoA, that thing is insane!!! Go to his page & he has all the answers you need!!!;) He's the man! PReDiTR91:cool:

ndoftyme69 said:

The 351W will be much easier to get parts for than the 351C.

David

Last edited:
IMO, the Windsor is the best out of the period.

Unless of course you are just looking for a high winding engine, but that will make hard to drive on the street. The 351w does alot better on the low end of the RPM band than the 351c. You could even use the 351w short block with the 351c heads, with a cheap mod to the heads. I've heard that makes an interesting combination. Have you heard of the Boss 302? It was basicly a 302 with 351c heads which Ford used for Trans-Am racing, and that SOB would run! But with either engine you have two choices, 2v (2Bbl heads, intake, carb) or 4v (4Bbl heads, intake, and carb normaly with forged crank and rods.) So do your research on the engines and figure out which one is best for you, though I have to agree with everyone else on this. The 351w would be better and cheaper due to the availabilty of parts for the engine.

put a cleveland in that car and i hope you got no bills and a real nice income cause you'll be spendin it all for cleveland parts ;)

If you're gonna go with a OEM 351... try to find a 69 to early 70's block... as they are the strongest. Will just have to convert to roller (if you intend on running a hyd.roller).

Blown 91 Bird said:
put a cleveland in that car and i hope you got no bills and a real nice income cause you'll be spendin it all for cleveland parts ;)

Why do you say that? I honestly think you could build a cleveland cheaper than a windsor.

Shane

quick35th said:
Why do you say that? I honestly think you could build a cleveland cheaper than a windsor.

Shane

Because Windsor parts are more readily available then the Clevelands.

Hock said:
Because Windsor parts are more readily available then the Clevelands.

That is very true right there but if you are willing to do some shopping around you can find some great deals on some cleveland stuff.

Shane

quick35th said:

Shane

guess it really all just depends on what exactly your are building, and what kind of prices you (the person spending $$$) can get. I doubt you could build a built cleveland cheaper then i could build a built windsor...but then again, who knows what kind of connections you have.

The average builder out there paying retail for new stuff and buying used, can build a oem windsor with a decent heads/cam/carb package that will go 10.50's on motor in a 3200lbs car for less then $4000 all day

Last edited:
Blown 91 Bird said:
guess it really all just depends on what exactly your are building, and what kind of prices you (the person spending $$$) can get. I doubt you could build a built cleveland cheaper then i could build a built windsor...but then again, who knows what kind of connections you have.

The average builder out there paying retail for new stuff and buying used, can build a oem windsor with a decent heads/cam/carb package that will go 10.50's on motor in a 3200lbs car for less then $4000 all day
I couldnt of said it better my self!!!:) PReDiTR91

David Neibert said:
Bojangles,

You new hood looks great, but I think the old one was cooler.

David

haha thanks david, it did indeed look cooler, but was just a bit of a problem in inclement weather. :D

351hoodshot02.JPG

Speaking of a Boss 302, how about a MN12 with a Boss 302. I finally got it fired up last weekend. It's been a while, but it is in. Still some work to be done, but it did fire up and move on its own for the first time in the past couple years. Here's where I'm at right now.
27429-470-30293.jpg

27429-470-30292.jpg

27429-470-30299.jpg

SWB001 soon to live again.

Back