Tuning for nitrous

sizemoremk

If I were tuning the car (eec tuner in my case) for a wet nitrous setup, would there anything besides retarding the timing during use of the nitrous?

I'm trying to plan some things out and was wondring if the octane plug alone would do for retarding the timing when hitting the bottle... Or if there are other things that would be adjusted for a nitrous tune.

Thanks!

Last edited:
My nitrous tune (100 hp shot) is identical to my regular one except for 5 degrees less timing, 500 rpms higher on the rev limiter (to avoid hitting it if tires spin), and 300 rpms higher idle so I know I'm on the correct program of the chip.

I also found it was necessary to use a 75 HP fuel jet to keep from going too rich. Be sure to tune at the same bottle pressure your going to race with. With the heater on the pressure should be 900-1100 psi. Tune with the bottle full (highest pressure) to make sure your fuel mixture doesn't go lean on the track. You may also want to tighten the gap on your plugs (.040) to avoid spark blow out.

David

Last edited:
I pull out some timing when I run my nitrous file. Its about 3 deg's global on a 75shot dry. I also add a little more fuel to get a target ratio of 11.8 compared to my 12.2 without the bottle. As you know, I can monitor all my parameters very well so its a lot of tweaking here and there. I found that I had to increase my fuel jets many steps to get my desired ratio on the bottle.

Back