Subframe is stronger...

seawalkersee

I dont have any idea what the effects of this will be. I am also kicking around the idea of losing the rubber and putting steel between the subframe and body with rubber on the bottom side to still absorb SOME shock. What do ya think? I know Rich has done this before but I dont know who else.

Chris

Its the rear. I am stitchin up all of the welds that are missing or have holes in them. I am going to add some strength to the upper control arms as well. I have only seen people do this. I have no feedback on what it does.

Anyone know how to upload pix that are too big?

Chris

seawalkersee said:
Its the rear. I am stitchin up all of the welds that are missing or have holes in them. I am going to add some strength to the upper control arms as well. I have only seen people do this. I have no feedback on what it does.

Anyone know how to upload pix that are too big?

Chris
You have to resize them or have them hosted. I just make sure I set my camera to 640X480 for forum pictures.

Rich does have pictures on his site reguarding the IRS subframe and where he welded and added support.

We've done a few of them here at the shop, but I haven't swapped a stiffened/braced subframe into one of my personal cars yet, so I can't give any feedback from experience. The guys that I've sold them to have seemed to be pleased, though.

-Rod

racecougar said:
We've done a few of them here at the shop, but I haven't swapped a stiffened/braced subframe into one of my personal cars yet, so I can't give any feedback from experience. The guys that I've sold them to have seemed to be pleased, though.

-Rod
Rod, how much did you charge to do the work? Are you equipped to fully strip it to bare metal for repowdercoating?

Paul

Didn't someone do this not to long ago?? I'm sure I saw it on here and it had picturesand a "how to" write up on it..

edit...Just remembered, it was in a Chargin Thunder Issue I got from Bill E. when I bought my exhaust sytem from him...

It was Rich Thomson of MN12 Performance who did a very nice write up on strengthening the rear sub frame.

BT Motorsports said:
Rod, how much did you charge to do the work? Are you equipped to fully strip it to bare metal for repowdercoating?

Paul

Paul, I sent you a PM. I forgot to mention that while we are equipped to strip the subframe to bare metal, we don't have the equipment for powdercoating yet, just paint.

-Rod

Back