S Port Q's

acb92sc

I Just Got A Free S-port Of A 95 With A Blown Headgasket. It Has Roughly 120k On The Clock, So I Am Wondering What To Look For As Far As Bad Bearings, Rotors, Etc. I Dont Know A Whole Lot About These Blowers, So I Want To Make Sure Its Worth It Before I Take My Perfectly Good Blower Off.

It's not an S-Port....

An S-ported blower is a blower that was ported my Magnuson Products. The 94-95 blower is a third Generation blower made by Eaton. Just because it has a rectangular opening does not make an S-port.

I would try spinning the blower and make sure the rotors are not binding. Other than that, they're pretty sturdy blowers.

Don

My Bad. I Thought It Wasnt Quite Right, But Such Is Life. So As Long As It Doesnt Bind And It Doesnt Have Any Noise To It, It Should Be All Right? I Plan On Changing The Fluid And What Not, So I Hope This Pans Out. Do I Need The Inlet Plenum Or Anything Else With It As Well? Any Idea On Performance Gains With This?

You need the inlet...

You need the inlet plenum for the blower off the car with the blown gaskets. You cannot use a 89-93 plenum on a 94-95 blower.

The gains are there as most people use this mod as a stepping stone to a ported blower. You will gain some Hp with doing this.

Figure the SC in 94-95 went to 230 from 210 with just the change in blower and a LARGER pulley. Put your 89-93 pulley on the 94-95 blower for a 3% overdrive and WOW....You'll have fun....

Don

Hey..

acb92sc said:
I Am Guessing It Is A Bad Idea To Use The 3" Pulley I Have On My 89 Blower On The 95 Blower Then?

I can see NO PROBLEM with your car using the 3" pulley. That would be 5% + the 3% that the changing of the stock 95 to 89 style.

You already have the exhaust and should have no problem using it.

Good luck and have fun!!!

Don

Back