Rims fitment?

Eric, you think I haven't looked them already? :D

The front 18 x 9 with 235-45-18 would fit, with 15 mm spacers. +50 offset is too much. Also, if you look at the specs for those OEM GT tires, the load index is only 88Y ... not enough to hold up the front of an SC. They are constructed especially for the mid-engined GT.

The rear 19 x 11.5", no way those are fitting under the rear of a stock fendered SC. The 315-40-19 tires are almost 29" tall, so the height and width are both an issue with those.

cheers
Ed N.

Thanks Ed, I need a unique look like your rims:)

Too bad, I kind of figured I wasn't the only one to see these rims.:D The stagered rim size would have looked pretty cool though and 315's would cure any traction issue that I would have had.

Eric, you should really consider drag radials if you want to get hooked up. Even a set in the 255-50-16 size that would fit your stock wheels would help a lot. My Fittipaldi wheels may be up for sale by spring 2007, in case you're interested.

And I was looking for the part number and price for those wheels as soon as the Ford GT listings appeared in the parts catalogue. I even had the guy at Ford Canada dealer customer service send me the blueprints so I could look at offset measurements. ;)

cheers
Ed N.

I think the Drag radials is a definate must for this year as the shootout is looking like it will be stiff competition and I don't want to have an excuse that the car could have done better if I would have had better tires! Any recommendations for a decent price and brand of drag radial around the GTA or a great deal in Michigan or Ohio?

Craig - I want to take baby steps knocking off 1-2 seconds on the car's ET's with just a driver swap will make me feel a bit like I am growing bumps on my chest! :p

shotbirdsc said:
I think the Drag radials is a definate must for this year as the shootout is looking like it will be stiff competition and I don't want to have an excuse that the car could have done better if I would have had better tires! Any recommendations for a decent price and brand of drag radial around the GTA or a great deal in Michigan or Ohio?

I can get you the Mickey Thompson line through the dealership, also BFG I think. If you're just going to run them at the track only, I'd suggest the bias-ply Mickey Thompson E-T Streets. They seem to do the best on the 5-speed SCs, with the least breakage ... the softer sidewall absorbs some of the shock in the driveline. The radials tend to have stiffer sidewalls.

The only reason I changed from bias to radial was to stay legal for the Street Stock class at the Shootout. Since you're in Mod, you needn't worry about that. LMK if you want me to check a price on the M/Ts for you.

cheers
Ed N.

Back