2 Quick questions

Wicked SC

If I'm going to reseal the I/C tubes, can I clean everything with brake cleaner or throttle cleaner?

Also, I've heard people talk about drilling a hole in the t-stat when you replace it. What is this for? Is it mandatory?

yep!

Either one would work fine for cleaning, a little bit of 0000 or 000 steel wool would help to get some of the tough gunk off and will help to keep from harming the sealing surfaces. Watch out, 0000 wool can become addicting, it's really neat stuff.

'bird

me too

i have also heard about drilling the t-stat wat is this for? I just bought my t-stat and gasket dont see any thing to drill

yes, please do elaborate....

i too have been reading the posts regarding the drilling of a hole in your thermostat. does anyone have a pic of this? and how exactly does it work? i read that it lets the air out as you fill the system with coolant, and i understand that. but, and i may just be an idiot here, how then, does it keep coolant in? do you plug it with something afterwards?

thanks in advance

you don't drill a huge hole just little ones right on the sides of t-stat. there are two reasons. the first is so you don't get an airpocket in the motor, scs' are very prone to headgasket failure so any little thing you can do for heat will help. second if your t-stat sticks closed you will still get to a phone without blowing your headgaskets becouse you will still get some water movement. people have been doing this for a long time!!! i think it helps to run a little cooler also without sacrificeing heat on those cold mornings... my 2 cents... Bill

Back