trying to Delete the AC but...

Spider

i will be updating the topic as i try to delete my AC. if i get stuck i dont knwo what to do ill just post here with picture. im in the process of trying to change my valve cover gasket and Intake gaskets. so i figure i should just delete this now :)

im stuck on trying to get the AC thingy out. i took the only bolt off i can see but it doesnt wanna come out. also how do i get the hoses pluged back up ?>

Last edited:
you need a special tool to unhook the lines i would plug the holes with rtv silicone but doesnt matter if your deleting it

Spider said:
i will be updating the topic as i try to delete my AC. if i get stuck i dont knwo what to do ill just post here with picture. im in the process of trying to change my valve cover gasket and Intake gaskets. so i figure i should just delete this now :)

im stuck on trying to get the AC thingy out. i took the only bolt off i can see but it doesnt wanna come out. also how do i get the hoses pluged back up ?>

ahhhh, valve cover gaskets. might as well pull the motor like i did LOL. i had the valve covers off, and figured i might as well do the head gaskets. then the timing cover and water pump is nasty so im taking them off too. i have a bare short block on the floor 3 days after i initiated my "valve cover" job..

i know theres one 10mm bolt holding that dryer that you can see, but if you reach around the right hand side of the dryer you may find another 10 mm bolt holding that dryer clamp.

those fitting tools rock. they did my fuel lines and all my a/c lines and i paid very little for them. im looking forward to the extra airflow that will be a result of pulling my condensor. :)

keep in mind I'm stuck in El Paso(hells' kitchen), but why is it everyone wants to cut their A/C out? It weighs next to nothing and draws nearly 0 HP when it's not engaged(if you can spin the pulley with your hand the engine never knows it there).

Hell for that matter leave it on, just about every vehicle made has a WOT a/c cutout.

Just curious all, seems that people are leaving themselves out there to be uncomfortable, for a time difference that could only be seen on a 1/4 mile track E/T. Let's face it with street cars races are not exactly riding on a tenth of a second.

oh now im not leaving mine off, but i have a few cold months to get the parts i need together to make it work again. the compressor is shot and all the lines were filled with trash, old oil, etc. i had to backflush my evaporator 6 TIMES yesterday to get it to come clean. my heater core was nasty too i flushed it out with some strong cleaner and pressurized it with a water hose to make sure it didnt leak. i live in a place where summer is may to november and its in the 90s a LOT with 95% humidity. it sure is easier to get at stuff with the lines off though. i cant BELIEVE how much room the heater hoses take up! the factory design appear massively overbuilt. wish i had a bunch of braided stainless to take the place of all that stuff:(

Back