Would you buy another SC/ how hard ?'s

4cefed

First off, I have a chance to buy another SC for a few hundred bucks. Apparently the block i cracked or something to that affect. How hard are the SC blocks to come across?

Would you guys recommend a second SC?

I'm going to look at it later today

Absolutely, take the offer these engines are not that difficult to work on. I see blocks in SC's all the time at the junkyard, usually that’s the only thing left, I'm sure you'll find one.

Yep, blocks aren't too hard to come by. As a matter of fact, I'll have another one available here soon. If you get the car, and it does need a block, just send me an email or PM.

-Rod

No. I am a big fan of warranties and new styling.

My cougar is allowing me to purchase a house beyond normal means, so it's a sacrifice. I'll of course have the car forever or crush it when done (read: No one will ever own this car besides my father and I or my son/daughter).

But I'm a city guy. I like things working fine all the time and the cougar is a labor of love. So I'll be buying a new SUV or truck end of 2006 most likely.

Plus Cats > Birds.

As the proud owner of 5 birds and 3 cats......:eek:

Go for it!!!!!

Birds > cats.....

Birds can fly......:D

looked at it today

Well, I looked at it today. The body and interior are in great shapw, but it needs paint. Sure enough I watched coolant pour right out of the rear of the block. The heads were supposedely rebuilt and "mildly" ported not long ago. I think I'll probaly get it. 2 89 5-spds how weird.

it could be a freeze plug if its coming from between the motor/trans on the rear of the block. theres 2 BIG freeze plugs back there

thanks

thanks for the info, I couldn't see exactly where the coolant was coming from while laying on the ground. He said he was sure the block was bad, but he also admitted he knew nothing about these cars, and was scared to work on them.

Back