Taillights not coming on

Doug hayes

I have a 92 Thunderbird V-6 and recently the taillights quit working. The brake lights and reverse lights work OK, but the license plate lights and taillights do not. I'm not talking about the emblem-covered lights, but the corner marker taillights. I have replaced the bulbs and checked all of the fuses but this was not the problem. Any suggestions on what the problem could be would be appreciated.

i had a problem w my 93lx....

have u put ne thing in the trunk latley? b/c i had a similar problem it was one of the harnesses under the carpet (left side, mine was) it was still connected (looked good) but it was pulled a lil so i just had to push them back 2gether... hope that helps

Doug hayes said:
I have a 92 Thunderbird V-6 and recently the taillights quit working. The brake lights and reverse lights work OK, but the license plate lights and taillights do not. I'm not talking about the emblem-covered lights, but the corner marker taillights. I have replaced the bulbs and checked all of the fuses but this was not the problem. Any suggestions on what the problem could be would be appreciated.
Just curious, have you ever noticed if your headlights blink off momentarily? The lightswitch in the dash is notorious for causing problems on some MN12's, the connector that hooks to it can also overheat and deform slightly and cause problems that'll drive ya goofy!

welcome to the SCCoA,

'bird

Back