Need help

ShawnSC1

1 When turning over the motor, it sometimes turns over very slow. After I stop cranking the engine I will try it again and then cranks normal. Only thing I have done to fix this is I install a new batery.

2 I have a hard time starting the engine. Once running its fine, untill it gets warmed up. I try to give it gas in drive or reverse and it stalls. When in park, I get the rmps up 2500 and then it drops right down to 1500. After a couple of trys it sounds like its back firing and will bog right down and stall. I have replaced the the cam sensor with a used one I had. Also I change the cam sensor because my tach wasn't working. Now it works but sometimes when starting it the tach doesn't work, but after a 1min. it works fine.

3 Speedometer, and temp gauge doesn't work. I replaced the VSS with a used one.

4 The rad and hoses are very hot. I installed a new 180 t-stat and cut the low speed fan wire, for it to come on all the time.

I have installed new plugs and wires also. Heres the codes I am geting.
19 - 29 - 66

sounds like you are dragging a cylinder. Check the wires again. One may have gotten burnt and is shorting out. Had that happen to my buddy's drag car.

wisupercoupe said:
sounds like you are dragging a cylinder. Check the wires again. One may have gotten burnt and is shorting out. Had that happen to my buddy's drag car.

Well it runs perfect for 10mins evertime when starting from cold.

both my supercoupes did the slow start thing. my old one and the one im working on now. turns over hard sometimes and easy other times. it seems like theres compression on the cylinders or something. not a dead battery.

22lbsofboost said:
both my supercoupes did the slow start thing. my old one and the one im working on now. turns over hard sometimes and easy other times. it seems like theres compression on the cylinders or something. not a dead battery.

Thanks for the pointer. Sounds like a comon thing with these sc's.

Well thats good on one problem. But I still need help on the other stuff. I know there some top members on this site, that could help me aswell. Thanks

Back