Tips on changing motor mounts

SuperCoupe007

I know that changing motor mounts is something that is gonna take all day. Are they are tips you guys can give me so that it will be easier to change them ?
Oh yeah, its a 90 SC 5-Speed. (not stock exhaust)
Thanks..
:)

be ready to use every 4 letter word you know. the driver side has an extra bolt that the pass. side doesnt. i think theyre all 13's. i took my motor all the way out, so i can only suspect the taste of hell the motor mount job will bring you. the tranny mount is probably shot too. :p

IC gaskets

If you're not in a hurry, I would strongly suggest getting a set of reusable ic gaskets (from tbird88 ) and doing the job from the top. You can install the gaskets when you re-assemble. Probably a good time to put in some new plugs/wires if it needs them at all.

If you're in a pinch it can be done from the bottom without removing the exhaust - but plan on some religous moments if you choose this route.

good luck
Bob

Hey guys, Actually I alrady have the IC seals from T-Bird88 installed. I could remove the upper IC tube, but not sure how much that is going to help. I had thought about changing plugs and wires while I was at it. I think the current plugs might have about 20K or 25K miles on them, and so do the wires.

If I choose to wait a while to change the motor mounts, do I run any risk of causing any harm or danger to anything on the SC ??????
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Thanks...
:(

I just did this a few months ago... did the drivers side that is. If you do a search there is a step by step way of doing it from the bottom. I used that and it took maybe 3 hours?...this was with very limited tools and a jack. Again one of the SC "overrated" repairs if you ask me...sort of like don't the HGs.

Removal was cake since it was in 3 pieces...installing took more time for its 1 large unit. Again 3 hours wasn't nothing in compairison to what you hear.

Not sure who did the write up, but that was the way to go!

-Tim

SuperCoupe007 said:
If I choose to wait a while to change the motor mounts, do I run any risk of causing any harm or danger to anything on the SC ??????
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Thanks...
:(

Yes....you can rub a hole in your oil pan and or power steering hose.

David

Back