Another nightmare ( Oil pan)

paully93sc

hey guys just had a tranny rebuilt was putting it back in the car. 3rd tranny btw... any how wher the tranny bolts up on the oil pan caused a huge crack in the oil pan i was able to take the chunk of the oil pan out with my hand. my question is will a oil pan out nof a normal 3.8 fit with tth low oil sensor??? if so would someone in or around Buffalo New York have one for sale none of the junk yarks around here have one....

Im not sure if the NA 3.8 came with the Low oil sensor. I will be using a NA oil pan on my SC, they appear to be exactly the same in a side by side comparison ( except for the huge crack in my SC pan )

- Dan

N/A Oil Pan

I have an N/A oil pan on my engine. The only difference I see is no provision for the low oil sensor. There is a large flat spot on the proper side.

paully93sc said:
hey guys just had a tranny rebuilt was putting it back in the car. 3rd tranny btw... any how wher the tranny bolts up on the oil pan caused a huge crack in the oil pan i was able to take the chunk of the oil pan out with my hand. my question is will a oil pan out nof a normal 3.8 fit with tth low oil sensor??? if so would someone in or around Buffalo New York have one for sale none of the junk yarks around here have one....
I know of 1 XR7 and a SC in a junkyard in Ellicottville. The only problem is they are practically sitting on the frames in probably a foot of snow! PM me if you want the info. I saved the guy's business card in my wallet.

-Jeremy

I had a N/A 3.8 with the low oil sensor. Any V6 bird that has a VMM should have this oil pan. Nothing special about it really.

Back