42 Lb. Injectors ?

SuperCoupe007

Hey guys. When looking to get 42 Lb. injectors, what are the things to look for ?? Like a particular part number, manufacturer, or how much impedance ?? I dunno how many types of 42's are out there, or if they are all the same.. all info is greatly appreciated
Thanks...
:)

High impedance...pretty much any brand will work so long as they are the style used in domestic motors like ford, chevy, pontiac ect.. Some of the imports use a differnt length. Stock lightning injectors will work, but there are many other brands that are just as good.

BTW, unless you know who your buying from....don't buy used injectors.

David

i would think again about going 42's, i've seen a lot of people buy 42's then later on sell'm and buy 50's, when i get some i'll get 50's and do it only once.

Alex L

SuperCoupeSC91 said:
i would think again about going 42's, i've seen a lot of people buy 42's then later on sell'm and buy 50's, when i get some i'll get 50's and do it only once.

Alex L

Agreed 50s would be a better choice.

David

Last edited:
can you guys share more info about 50s ????? I thought about getting some 36 Lbs injectors, but they said just to get some 42'. They said to get 42's because it would be a better choice. Is there anything or what do i have to do, if I were to get 50 Lb injectors ?????? all info is greatly appreciated.
Thanks....

CMac89:::::

Did you purchase your injectors from racetronix ?? and if so, what size injectors, and what kind of experience do u have ???
Thanks...

oh yeah, any and all info about 42 LB. and 50 Lb. injectors would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks again....

SuperCoupe007 said:
can you guys share more info about 50s ????? I thought about getting some 36 Lbs injectors, but they said just to get some 42'. They said to get 42's because it would be a better choice. Is there anything or what do i have to do, if I were to get 50 Lb injectors ?????? all info is greatly appreciated.
Thanks....

After reading your member page I don't see any reason to upgrade injectors. What mods do you have that are not listed or planned that makes you think you need bigger injectors? BTW, the 30# injectors you have are enough to support 300 HP (at the crank) running stock pressure.

David

David Neibert::::::

Currently my SC is stock as you saw on my member page. :D But I have a set of heads that are being ported and polished (keeping stock size valves), and I know I want a new camshaft for the new heads, but have not looked into what kind of camshaft would be the best application. I want to keep my car street driveable, like an everyday driver. I don't want it to sound like a 70s muscle car. I want it to be as smooth as possible.
Oh and I also have to be able to pass SMOG IN CALIFORNIA :eek:

I am also considering upgrading the stock blower to something ported (not sure if MPII or similar) not sure when. I want to build the motor and see what kind of times I can run.

Last edited:
Note that the injectors Racetronix sells are made by Lucas and are of the disk-type. I've heard pintle-type is more preferable. But I have no tuning experience to back that up. I can say that, having shopped for these, both places listed so far have very good prices. Accel units seem a good deal more expensive.

i'd watch the for sale section here for 42lb injectors being sold by folks that are upgrading to more injector due to recent mods.

Some people have reported issues with Lucas, others like them. In general, the design is more resistant to contamination and tend to have a more consistant spray pattern. Though the spray pattern is not going to be similar to what the stock units are, which may account for the finicky results folks have had.

thought about getting some 36 Lbs injectors, but they said just to get some 42'. They said to get 42's because it would be a better choice. Is there anything or what do i have to do, if I were to get 50 Lb injectors ?????? all info is greatly appreciated.
Thanks....
:) :)

I will throw in a diffrent thought here on where to get injectors. As a club we should support our local vendors who go to all the trouble to stock and get us the best prices. Victor at spinning wheels has gone to great lengths to get in stock all the sizes of injectors we would use on our SCs and can match racetronixs in price. Why all these guys who are in our club want to recommend outside vendors who certainly are not in business to help us out, except to take our money is beyond me. If you are not going to do a lot more to your stock engine other than a cam & heads the 42s are fine. If you are like most of us here you will get hook on adding more mods and you should go to the 50s. I have 42s and looking back I wish I had gone to 50s. Call Victor at spinning wheels & get your best deal

Ken

kenewagner said:
I will throw in a diffrent thought here on where to get injectors. As a club we should support our local vendors who go to all the trouble to stock and get us the best prices. Victor at spinning wheels has gone to great lengths to get in stock all the sizes of injectors we would use on our SCs and can match racetronixs in price. Why all these guys who are in our club want to recommend outside vendors who certainly are not in business to help us out, except to take our money is beyond me. If you are not going to do a lot more to your stock engine other than a cam & heads the 42s are fine. If you are like most of us here you will get hook on adding more mods and you should go to the 50s. I have 42s and looking back I wish I had gone to 50s. Call Victor at spinning wheels & get your best deal

Ken

Ken,

I tried to order some injectors from Victor, but he wouldn't even give me a price quote, so I ordered from Racetronix instead.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=473527&postcount=22

David

Last edited:
David Neibert said:
Ken,

I tried to order some injectors from Victor, but he wouldn't even give me a price quote, so I ordered from Racetronix instead.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=473527&postcount=22

David

Ill still repeat myself David. The vendors here on the SSCoA are fellow members and provide us all a service. We would not have some of the high performace parts available to all us if the Victors, Daves, Bills, or Charles's in our group were not out there working to bring us a good selection of parts for our cars. I dont know about you but I go out of my way to help the guys here in Nebraska because they are my fellow club members. I read your link you posted and in it Victor said I will match Racetronix. Their price was quoted in the thread. He also quite clearly posted that you should call him and it wouldnt be an unpleasant experence. These venders are the guys sponsering events like the Shoot out and they all work hard to give the club not only better products but a lot techinacal advise that that benfit us all. Sorry if I sound like I am on a soap box but I would like to see guys like Victor, or Dave or who ever supported when people ask where to buy a product

I agree 100%. David Neibert is a selfish person for not supporting the community. You should do your part. Race tronix isn't bringing us the new stuff like mp3s and whatnot. Sure, you may say to yourself, "I'm gonna spend a couple more dollars doing this or that if I go with a sccoa vendor." But I think your heart will feel good if you do it.

Micah

Back