Pic inside...seems something in my engine bay is missing.....

89SCGUY

I appreciate everyones help first of all. It seems there is a cut tube near my firewall that I suspect is part of the AC system but would like some clarification on. I put white boxes aroung each open end. The is also a brackey I but a square around beneith the tubes that looks like it use to hold something as well. Near the passenger shock tower are 2 open harnesses as well which I assume went to what was inside the round bracket. Thank again.

DCP_2603.JPG

Scott Long said:
Hock is correct.

Do you still have the A/C condenser in front of the radiator?

Forgive my ignorance but I'm new in the SC world. Are we talking in front of the radiator toward the front bumper or on the otherside toward the motor.

What did or does the accumulator do? Good or bad that it is gone?

Thanks again
Adam

XR7 Dave said:
Basically you have no A/C.

Plain and simple....thank you....now what can I remove and do you have any links "how to's" to free up HP and or space and cooling being my A/C isn't going to work anyhow.

The A/C Condenser is the thinner unit in front of the radiator. Your radiator is the one inside the engine compartment with the cap and hoses coming out of it. The condensor would have two metal lines coming out of it. On one of my SC's (the one used for the big block engine) the previous owner removed the condensor, accumulator, and then cut all the lines out with a tubing cutter. It made the car run a lot cooler due to more airflow to the radiator. I'm not planning on putting A/C in the car when I put the big block engine in it since it won't get driven much, only around town or to the track. Any long trips of say 100 miles or longer and it will get put on a trailer and towed.

Scott Long said:
The A/C Condenser is the thinner unit in front of the radiator. Your radiator is the one inside the engine compartment with the cap and hoses coming out of it. The condensor would have two metal lines coming out of it. On one of my SC's (the one used for the big block engine) the previous owner removed the condensor, accumulator, and then cut all the lines out with a tubing cutter. It made the car run a lot cooler due to more airflow to the radiator. I'm not planning on putting A/C in the car when I put the big block engine in it since it won't get driven much, only around town or to the track. Any long trips of say 100 miles or longer and it will get put on a trailer and towed.

Ok I knew what the radiator was :) I'd best not touch a car if I can't atleast identify that part! I do thank you for your clarification and time.

ok condensor is still in tact...wonder why they would take out the accumulator and not the condensor? huh guess it will give me something to do by taking the condensor out :)

You can remove the condenser which will greatly improve airflow to the IC and increase power potential. You can also remove the AC compressor and lines making access to the passenger side spark plugs much easier. You will need to run a shorter accessory belt and it is recommended to modify the tensioner for best performance. Do a search and you'll find all the info on A/C delete.

x182dan said:
so is the line just missing or do you not have the condensor and the compressor?

Line has been cut because obviously the previous owner didn't have the tool to do the job. The compressor is still in tact.

89SCGUY said:
Line has been cut because obviously the previous owner didn't have the tool to do the job. The compressor is still in tact.
They probably cut off the line to get to something underneath such as the spark plugs. If they sacrificed the lines, then the A/C probably wasn't working to begin with. If you choose to restore it, you've got your work cut out for you.

Back