Does anyone know Intrax spring rates?

JROD

Im getting ready to have most of my suspension rebuilt and I figure in the meantime Ill go ahead and throw in some lowering springs. Between here and mn12performance.com I have gotten lots of info about most of the different heights and spring rates---but I can not for the life of me get info on the spring rates of the the Intrax springs. I have even emailed Intrax to no avail!? Im trying to decide between the Suspension Techniques springs (alot of you guys have said great things about their performance) but am strongly considering the Intrax springs as they offer a little bit lower stance (the less of that ugly wheel well, the better). So can anybody help me out? Any general feedback of lowering springs would also be welcomed. Thanks guys--JROD

JROD said:
Im getting ready to have most of my suspension rebuilt and I figure in the meantime Ill go ahead and throw in some lowering springs. Between here and mn12performance.com I have gotten lots of info about most of the different heights and spring rates---but I can not for the life of me get info on the spring rates of the the Intrax springs. I have even emailed Intrax to no avail!? Im trying to decide between the Suspension Techniques springs (alot of you guys have said great things about their performance) but am strongly considering the Intrax springs as they offer a little bit lower stance (the less of that ugly wheel well, the better). So can anybody help me out? Any general feedback of lowering springs would also be welcomed. Thanks guys--JROD

Intrax springs

I have them in my SC had them now 8 years there nice lowers the car 2" it corrners nice no body roll. I drag race it a lot leaves the line nice great 60ft times with 17x9 Cobra r's the stance is awesome no tire gap beteen tire and finder lip. I got mine from Summit Racing with racer discount and no sales tax if you own a engine or hot rod shop. Check my members pictures page in the SCCoA to see the close up stance to get an idea of how they look

Last edited:
Does anyone know? Maybe cut S/Ts like Ricardoa1?

Thanks for the feedback. The Intrax springs definitely look good, but I have heard mixed feelings about them (ie-sagging over time, a little soft in the turns, uneven stance, etc.) ---but Id still love to know if anyone knows the actual spring rates for these things. I have great things about the S/T springs (performance wise) but I really dont think they are quite low enough for my taste. I am even considering perhaps cutting the S/T springs as that seems to have worked really well for Ricardoa1 if anyone has taken a look at his member page. He states that his is lowered 2.25in and it looks absolutely sick (Ricardoa1 if your out there Id love a little advice from you!?) but I am slightly hesitant to cut springs as Ive read so much mixed feedback on doing so. I am trying to get the lowest possible stance, with the most performance--but am concerned about excessive tire rub (especially if I go with a progressive rate spring like the Intrax). Keep in mind that I am throwing on 20 inch rims all around (which Im sure plenty of you have lots to say about that)--ive used tire height calculators which show that I wont actually be increasing the overall tire diameter but by about .5 to 1 inch depending on the width tire that I choose, but I want to still consider the difference when picking a set of springs. I am trying to weigh all the options as Im getting everything done at once (front suspension rebuild, rims, tires, springs, etc.) So Ive got to pretty much get it all right the first time around. Thanks.

Ps

Just for a full persective on what else Im working with--I will be installing the Kenny Brown front strut tower brace, lower engine cradle brace and already have Koni adjustables all around. I have special ordered 20x8.5 rims (35mm offset) for the front and 20x9 rims (15mm offset) for the rear. I have not yet decided on what size tires to get as I have yet to determine how low I will go on the springs, and want to make sure they will not rub too much. which brings up the question of how what size tires could I potentially tuck into the wheel wells without scraping? I know 245s would be fine up front (as I did it before with 3" lowering springs--which looked great but I took out in favor of not destroying my $500 Konis) but what will fit under the rear fender without too much rubbing given the 15mm offset I chose? I am willing to alter the fenders if necessary, and tentatively plan to get helper air bags for the rear just in case. With that all said I now brace myself for the bombardment of crititcism I will likely receive for choosing 20"s. I appreciate all advice nonetheless.

Back