Motor Mounts, One Liquid one solid, which should go where?

Smutty

Hi,
Somehow I got one new Liquid filled stock motor mount and one new solid motor mount. Which one should I put on which side? I was thinking putting the liquid on the passenger side and Solid on Drivers side. Reasoning being that during hard acceleration the torque lifts the drivers side and pushes down on the passengers side. I would rather have it "lift" on a solid mount and "push" down on a liquid filled mount. Any input?

Last edited:
I'd PLace the solid mount on the driver side, and the liquid filled mount in the trash. The are absolutely no benefits to liquid filled mounts on a sc. Our engines generate too much torque for the liquid filled ones. Solid mounts will transfer the power to the drivetrain more effeciently and wont need to be replaced anywhere nealy as often. I'd take 'em back and get ones from scp, spinningwheels, of mn12 perfomance.

just my opinion

Rick

i would just get another solid mount, I have heard that the engine sits a little higher with the solid mount so that might not be so good to have one side slightly higher than the other side

Higher than normal

x182dan said:
the engine sits a little higher with the solid mount
And everybody Knows that it's a Bad BAD thing to make the oil filter easier to remove!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

68COUGAR

Re: Jerk

x182dan said:
that is not what i meant jerk
Dan, I apologize for offending you to such a great degree.

Anybody who has ever R&R'ed an SC oil filter, has WISHED for more space to do so. My sarcasim was meant as humor only, not as a personal attack on you.

I'm sure you're a lovely person, who enjoys changing SC oil filters, much more than the average SC owner.

68COUGAR

Last edited:
8 Months..................KIDS (LOL)!!!!!!!!

Scott Long said:
I completely seperated a set of liquid mounts in less than 8 months
8 Months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scotty, Scotty, SCOTTY, 8 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!! You ain't hittin' them juice mounts hard enough.

Oh, BTW: I got a pkg ready to mail to your lawyer.

68COUGAR

68COUGAR said:
Dan, I apologize for offending you to such a great degree.

Anybody who has ever R&R'ed an SC oil filter, has WISHED for more space to do so. My sarcasim was meant as humor only, not as a personal attack on you.

I'm sure you're a lovely person, who enjoys changing SC oil filters, much more than the average SC owner.

68COUGAR

I love it so much I haven't done an SC oil filter in almost a year now. Its awesome

Back