Code 19 - 29 - 66

19 is cid sensor input failed 29 is insufficient input from vehicle speed sensor
66 is maf sensor input below test minimum

rlong said:
19 is cid sensor input failed 29 is insufficient input from vehicle speed sensor
66 is maf sensor input below test minimum

So I need to change VSS, CID sensor and MAF sensor. Or can those problems be related to some other problem.

Usually you will get a MAF code as a result of poor running. While vacuum drops under poor running conditions less air is drawn through the MAF and will convince the ECM there is a MAF issue.

The VSS could just be a fluke, I would cure the CID(cam sensor), clear the codes and see what surfaces again.

RBH Racing said:
Usually you will get a MAF code as a result of poor running. While vacuum drops under poor running conditions less air is drawn through the MAF and will convince the ECM there is a MAF issue.

The VSS could just be a fluke, I would cure the CID(cam sensor), clear the codes and see what surfaces again.

Well I tried clearing thoses codes. They came back right away.
I am wondering if the wire from the VSS is hooked up inside, because I did have to remove the dash to replace the H/C. Also my speedometer isn't working.
So the CID has to do with the cam sensor? When I replaced the old cam sensor, I noticed it was very rusty on the contacts. Could the other contact be the same and maybe thats why I am having problems with this cam sensor. Also would I get that MAF code if I have a problem with the cam sensor.

yes that is what i was saying, I should have explained better. The MAF code can be set due to the engine running like crap. It is most likely running like crap because the cam sensor(CID= Cylinder Identification)(all the same sensor). You may want to check the connectors on both the sensor and the wiring harness for rust or debris.
Sounds like you may really have a VSS issue. If you have done work on the dash that would be where I'd start.

RBH Racing said:
yes that is what i was saying, I should have explained better. The MAF code can be set due to the engine running like crap. It is most likely running like crap because the cam sensor(CID= Cylinder Identification)(all the same sensor). You may want to check the connectors on both the sensor and the wiring harness for rust or debris.
Sounds like you may really have a VSS issue. If you have done work on the dash that would be where I'd start.

When I replaced the cam sensor with a used one I had, the tach worked but ran and started the same. Could my cam sensor synchronizer assembly be no good or not set right. I didn't touch it when I installed the cam sensor.
For the VSS I will have to trace the wiring on that to see if its hooked up.

whats to sat the used one is good? If it has set next to anything magnetic, or been dropped, it can skew the output of the sensor. I don't doubt that is what kills these sensors anyway. The vain in the trigger no doubt gets debris on it or wobbles and makes contact, magnetizing both poles of the sensor. Of course there is still the crank sensor option......

try the cam first.....

RBH Racing said:
whats to sat the used one is good? If it has set next to anything magnetic, or been dropped, it can skew the output of the sensor. I don't doubt that is what kills these sensors anyway. The vain in the trigger no doubt gets debris on it or wobbles and makes contact, magnetizing both poles of the sensor. Of course there is still the crank sensor option......

try the cam first.....

Ya you have a very good point. I will buy a new one and go from there. The cam sensor synchronizer assembly I don't have to worry about cleaning or resetting it correct?

Back