Am I missing anything...swaping 89 motor into 94

pipecraze

I have a motor and 5spd from my 89sc that will both be rebuilt and installed in my 94 auto. Both cars have EGR.

I'm trying to make a list of new parts that need to be installed on the 89 motor for use in the 94. ...i'm ditching the auto in the 94. I've been searching the forums and here's all I have so far....

Parts needed to be installed on 89 Motor:

-94/5 BHJ balancer with long bolt (retain 94/5 crank sensor trigger ring; zero balance crank pulley)
-94/5 Timing cover
-94/5 Crank sensor
-94/5 Oil Pump
-94/5 Supercharger and plenum

Auto to 5sp swap:

-Install 89 Clutch master cyl and hyd. line
-Install 89 Clutch pedal
-Install 89 drive shaft
-94/5 console from 5spd car
-5pd tranny mount
-94/5 5spd EEC

Am I leaving anything out?

Thanks!

Last edited:
im not real sure on this but u might want to check and see if ur 94 has an AOD-E or a 4R70W also check to see what the difference is on the speedo operation. the 89 im workin on has both mechanical and electric hook-ups and both r used. i probably just made ur job harder but maybe i might have helped sorry for any troubles i have caused.

P.S. u might want to salvage the PCM just in case and as much of the old wiring harness as possible

Ok, I added the timing cover to the list. I read somewhere that they are all the same 89-95. I should change it anyway!

bigjim...I'm pretty sure it's a 4R70W in the 94. I know some rigging of the wiring has to be done in order for the clutch interlock swith to function as well as the speedo...not sure exactly what though.

Thanks for the answers so far!

Rick Mink said:
dont forget that te 89 sc and 94 sc have a different crank sensor set up as well

Rick

Pipecraze that is the reason for changing the timing cover. The different crank sensor setup for the 1994-1995 has different mounting locations on the 1994-1995 cover than the 1989-1993.

You'll need a crank sensor trigger ring too.
And I believe you'll need a zero balanced crank pulley to go with the BHJ.

Back