1991 Bronco has A.B.S.?

FastBird91

Sorry friends, Im asking 1 question about the 1991 Bronce. Do all of the 91' Broncos have A.B.S. or is it an option for that year? Anyone know? Im looking to buy 1.
Thanks

I am not certain on this, but I know that sometime within a few years of then rear ABS became standard. However, the front brakes are still normal non-ABS brakes, so you still have to pump them. Basicly it keeps the rear end of the truck from swinging around and replacing the front.

91 would have standard equipment rear ABS only, as mentioned. There is one sensor mounted on the top of the diff., it measures off an exciter ring attached to the ring gear.

cheers
Ed N.

Bronco ABS

I have a 93 EB Bronco w/5.8. It has 4 wheel ABS. As stated, the rear end uses only 1 sensor for the ABS and it is in the top almost center of the dif. Somewhere I read that 93 was the first year of 4 wheel ABS-----Please dont make me dig through all this S*** to find it!! :)

Also, the 93 has a programable module in the dash cluster that allows speedometer recalibration for changes in tire sizes. Does not require recalibration for gear changes! It apparently uses the same sensor on the dif for speed calculations. Sensor reads ring gear rpms (pulses) for speed. No matter what gear ratio, ring gear always turns same speed as axles and wheels. PSOM recalibration procedure is on ford truck sites-----I have that also.

YB

right on guys....Thanks. I will either be getting a Bronco very soon here or another SC. The 91' I have now blew a headgasket and i would rather get a 5 speed 90'-93' SC then fix the auto. i have now. Also i want the moonroof and the one i have now doesnt have it. I wish i would have known my preference beter before i juiced this SC up. $$$
Thanks again

yardbird said:
I have a 93 EB Bronco w/5.8. It has 4 wheel ABS. As stated, the rear end uses only 1 sensor for the ABS and it is in the top almost center of the dif. Somewhere I read that 93 was the first year of 4 wheel ABS-----Please dont make me dig through all this S*** to find it!! :)

That is correct. 1993 was the first model year for optional 4-wheel ABS on the F-150 and full-size Bronco.

cheers
Ed N.

The rear-abs system is nice i have it on my truck i much prefer it over 4-wheel abs! expecially on a truck... Keeps the back end from slidding around on ice when you step on the brakes or pulling a trailer etc.. I've never had any trouble with the system.

Back