does not run.. maby vacuum

nissan lover

I just did headgaskets and motor mounts (f*** that job) and now my car will not run unless you have your foot in the gas. when it does run it backfires pretty heavily. I know i have the plug wires hooked up right and i thought that the vacuum lines were as well. Now i'm starting to second guess my self. any sugestions? if an intercooler line was not sealed all the way could it cause this? this is my only car and i'm realy starting to hate it. its a 94 5 speed if it makes a differance.

Did you have the distributor substitute(cam sensor shaft) out or move it? May be time for a compression or leak down test to be sure that the heads sealed.

Sounds like a vacuum leak to me...

Re-seal the IC connections and the SC top (or any part of the supercharger that was removed/disassembled). I had similar issues a while back and it was due to a leak between the SC top and the charger. A little RTV Copper works wonders on the connections...

nissan lover said:
I just did headgaskets and motor mounts (f*** that job) and now my car will not run unless you have your foot in the gas. when it does run it backfires pretty heavily. I know i have the plug wires hooked up right and i thought that the vacuum lines were as well. Now i'm starting to second guess my self. any sugestions? if an intercooler line was not sealed all the way could it cause this? this is my only car and i'm realy starting to hate it. its a 94 5 speed if it makes a differance.

I think it's your plugs wires not being in the correct location. Many of the repair manuals show the wrong wire location. This chart has the correct wire location. Pay particular attention to the cylinder numbering on the coil pack, because that's were the manuals are wrong.

PlugandWireLayout.jpg

David

it's not the wires they are correct. i'm home now so i'm going to seal the piping, check wires from the cam sensor(maby cracked) and the injector harness to make shure that the 2 close ones are not backwards. BTW i didn't put the egr gasket on but it's tight. THANKYOU ALL VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP. i probaly couldn't own this very frustrating car without you guys.

sealed intercooler tubes and the car runs resonably well. there is still a miss but it is slight. could this just be the computor relearning?

missing is mostly a plug or wire maybe cracked or bad plug or bad wire or wire not on tight or dirty injector try stp gas treatment my platinum plugs only lasted a week i went back to copper autolite its been fine for about 2 years now

Back