which is better?

chazzwozzle

hello all. in the market for a supercoupe. was wondering what you guys think is the better deal. a 91 5 speed with new clutch and tires, overall condition is good. has 75,000 miles. and is being sold by the original owner. or an 89 in mint condition with flawless interior and exterior, looks like a 10 out of 10 to me.also has newer "performance" tires, recent tune up and new valve cover gaskets.rebuilt AOD trans only has about 20,000 miles. car is all stock, except for aftermarket 17 inch wheels. everything works perfectly according to owner.and this 89 only has 74,000 original miles, and is being sold by original owner as well. i cant seem to make up my mind but im leaning towards the 89.oh yeah they both cost exactly the same. 3000 bucks.

i think the 89 if in mint condition :) all cars look prett in mint condition. makes it worth putting upgrades on.

$3000 seems a bit steap for an '89. I'd look for real evidence to support the original mileage; ask if the head gaskets have been changed (due to failure or under the Ford extended warranty). Also enquire about the engine mounts and harmonic balancer, to see if they have been replaced. Chances are that around 80k original miles (if true) the cars could be bone stock/original. If you haven't had an SC before, just be aware that they are nice (of course we all love them, right) but are a very very high maintenance vehicle and Ford is not supporting many parts now.
Good luck

Back