Stock midpipe/cat/resonator pictures?

Terrible Juan

I'm looking to see if anyone has a picture of a stock midpipe for a 91-style SC. My setup is really confusing me because my resonator has one exhaust pipe coming in and one coming out.

It seems like on my car, I have the downtubes and then there is one cat on each downtube, then it goes into a Y pipe, then I have a resonator that looks like a small glasspack, then it continues out of the glasspack.

Isn't the resonator supposed to have two pipes going in or out on one side?

Your resonator has been changed and is not stock. On the stock system the down pipes are two separate inlets into the resonator and one highly restrictive outlet. The resonator is oval in shape about 10" wide. If the modification you have doesn't annoy you with resonance, or too loud, keep it because I'm sure it's much less restrictive than the stock res. John

Yea, this muffler or resonator installed looks pretty damn freeflowing. It probably isn't even 4 inches in diameter. My exhaust looks like somthing like this (with smooth bends throughout, not huge kinks to form the Y pipe, heh)...

Attachments

• SC exhaust.gif
    SC exhaust.gif
    4.7 KB · Views: 119
if the drivers side cat isnt crammed way up in there and looking stupid, its not stock. which would be nice, because the stock ~~~~ sucks

how the hell you been anyway juan?

22lbsofboost said:
if the drivers side cat isnt crammed way up in there and looking stupid, its not stock. which would be nice, because the stock ~~~~ sucks

how the hell you been anyway juan?

The cats are parallel with the ground. They aren't at an angle or anything.

I've been pretty good. I just did a nice little tuneup (crank sensor, thermostat, coolant, radiator cap, etc) and installed a 5% OD pulley with the help of Mike35SC and Blue Tongue Motorsports. Also bought a fenderwell CAI from Mike35SC. Hitting about 14.5psi now and the blower whine is awesome.

thats awesome. roland is supposed to be done with my heads soon. he shoes me in when he can on the cheap so if high paying work is ahead of me then i just have to wait. ive done a LOT of port work, going with some mustang shorty's and a pretty crazy true duals setup. living in a super hot climate ive got to insure that this car runs cool, with the a/c blasting. did you see my "valve cover gasket" thread. LOL yeah, well now the motor is out on the floor.
any pics of your car ?

----thread hijack concluded-----

Terrible Juan said:
I'm looking to see if anyone has a picture of a stock midpipe for a 91-style SC. My setup is really confusing me because my resonator has one exhaust pipe coming in and one coming out.

It seems like on my car, I have the downtubes and then there is one cat on each downtube, then it goes into a Y pipe, then I have a resonator that looks like a small glasspack, then it continues out of the glasspack.

Isn't the resonator supposed to have two pipes going in or out on one side?

Here you go. 1990 SC auto

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=317658&postcount=3

Pipes

We are going to cut of the resonators off my oldest Son's 94' T-Bird and use stainless tubing. We did this trick on his 94' Cougar. On my youngest Son's T-Bird, we may remove the muffler and replace it with a stainles pipe.

hey thats good its already had some work done on it. you can spend that money on a fifth of jack daniels or something:)

Here are three pics. 1990SC
first - stock
second - Catco stock replacement
third - Catco as shipped - 3 pieces
Wanted something close to stock, but a little better.

Take Care
dbd

Attachments

• exh0028-resized.JPG
    exh0028-resized.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 192
  • PICT0001-resized.JPG
    PICT0001-resized.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 124
  • PICT0006-resized.JPG
    PICT0006-resized.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 121