Fuel Line Removal ! wth come on...

Spider

im always stuck on something... i been reafing on this thing for the past 20 mins and i can not get this damb thing off... i just got done taking of all the A/C Hoses and now i moved on to the Fuel lines and they just wont come off.................................... is there a trick to taking these things off ?

i been squeezing on the F Fuel line removal with pliers trying to get more presure to spread the springs apart ? to slide the Line out but it just aint comming out..

any ideas :(

Last edited:
well i couldnt get it off but i geuss it wasnt needed anyway as i jsut took everything else off instead... poped off the fuel rail off the injectors and just moved it out of the wey :eek:

If you've got a fuel line removal tools (mine's from AutoZone) and it sounds like you might, you should be able to slide the tool in to spread the spring and then be able to disconnect the line. Things should just slide right apart :rolleyes:

got mine at autozone also and i spent 1 hour on it and it didnt come offfffffffffffff

just another day in the garage at my house :)

Do you feel the tool slide under the spring? Maybe the tool hasn't slid in far enough and the spring hasn't disengaged.

Believe me, I've had those days in my garage too....I think every SC owner has.

Same here, the $5.00ish autozone tools worked fine for me.

Gotta puch them all the way in, and workthe line out.

yea i tried squeezing the tool in with a pair of pliers to get enough force to release the spring... do these get seized sometimes or what, this is ridiculous :confused:

What tool are you using? It's not that pair of pliers type one is it? I get the plastic one and spray a bit of wd-40 in the connector first. Then they come right apart. I never had good luck with that pair of pliers type set.

if you hold both lines and twist the male VERY VERY gently no more than about 1/8 of a turn in each direction this can help, also when you push the tool in push the male fuel line in at the same time and twist, then pull.

These "quick release" fittings are a real pain in the a$$!

The o-rings on the fittings can make it rough to pull it out. You really do need to twist them around a little to get it to let loose. it takes effort to pull a part.

springlock.jpg

i got thar cheap X shape tool that reminds of a butterfly knife. i think itr proboly seized or somethimg like i need some WD-40 or something or its the old rings holding it in... i tried for about 1 hour and just couldnt get it, i think a better fuel line removal tool would be better. the design of this thing just doest work very well i think.

Back