there is no excitment here till now do AR guys go to the track?

twoblownfords

Lots of great info on the mp3 and AR blower out there 2 awsome products thats for sure. The only shame i see is when you take a guy that actually goes to the track and runs awsome times and folks here talk him down. That man running 11.3 with that mp3 is awsome those are darn good times im sure there is more in that combo. I dont see any AR guys posting anything on here not sure why. I must say you most of the folks here are interesting compared to other forums like for lightnings cobras or mustangs very little respect here for the guy that tries. There is always a battle over mp and ar which is fine. At least we know how fast the mp3 car's can go. It just seems like these forums have turned south most of the time talking about garbage instead of performance. Performance meaning getting your car tuned on a dyno and taking it to the track. My whole point is when people talk a good product down and suggest another one is unreal yea in theory, We know ar blower can make more power and we do not race dynos here but lets see some times from you guys thats all. Now you guys have something interesting to read today.

twoblownfords said:
Lots of great info on the mp3 and AR blower out there 2 awsome products thats for sure. The only shame i see is when you take a guy that actually goes to the track and runs awsome times and folks here talk him down. That man running 11.3 with that mp3 is awsome those are darn good times im sure there is more in that combo. I dont see any AR guys posting anything on here not sure why. I must say you most of the folks here are interesting compared to other forums like for lightnings cobras or mustangs very little respect here for the guy that tries. There is always a battle over mp and ar which is fine. At least we know how fast the mp3 car's can go. It just seems like these forums have turned south most of the time talking about garbage instead of performance. Performance meaning getting your car tuned on a dyno and taking it to the track. My whole point is when people talk a good product down and suggest another one is unreal yea in theory, We know ar blower can make more power and we do not race dynos here but lets see some times from you guys thats all. Now you guys have something interesting to read today.

What are you talking about ? No one around here talks bad about Kevin or what he has accomplished with his car. It's very much the opposite.

It seems that you are the only one talking trash and trying to start an argument.....why is that ?

David

PS: I think the AR will produce more power and I own an MPIII.

David,

Ya also own an autorotor dont ya? :O)

And I didnt start this one!

We havnt seen many Autorotor people showing strip times and I have no idea why to be honest. Perhaps people will start sharing now

Damon

I know there were at least 3 AR cars at the shootout last year. Maybe you should've attended. Then they wouldn't be such a "secret". Their times are also posted in a forum here.;)

Would you post time slips if every time you did it started a pi$$ing contest?

I've seen first hand the difference between an AR car with minimal mods (enough to get the AR to work properly) and a fully modded MP powered SC.

Do you're homework. Seperate fact from fiction and you will find out for yourself which is better for performance.

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
David,

Ya also own an autorotor dont ya? :O)

Damon

No, I don't own one. But I do expect to get one in the near future and yes I will be taking it to the track.

David

still my point

Yes the AR will make more power all day long but the point is people talk about it but thats it. Im sure some have been to the track. My point was when i made the thread on the mp111 so many talked the product down. At least we all have some info now and videos of a low 11sec mp 3 bird. Ok so how fast did someone go with a AR set up so far, with roughly the same mods as the mp3 bird that went 11.3. Lighten up folks this has to be more fun then Should i put gears im my supercoupe posts.

I don't know of anyone with a built motor in a lightened car that is set up specifically for straight line running an AR supercharger.... yet. Now if someone would lend Kevin their AR for testing purposes we could see what it would do. But from what I've heard he isn't interested in switching to an AR and is happy with his MP3. Personally I would swap a blower on my car if someone offered it to me, but its Kevin's car not mine. Still that is very impressive for a non nitrous SC to run in the low 11's like that. Coy's car wasn't even that quick without spray.

I think maybe this spring if Kevin gets some more track time he could hit 10.90's with his MP3 car. Thats damn fast. Maybe I'll just have to ligthen my car and build up a stout longblock and buy an AR and make a run at the 10's. No one else seems to be doing it, or at least they are keeping it under wraps if they are.

I have a 2.2 AR with a completely built non lightened car. Hopefully this summer I will get a run it and see what she does. But I am not interested in drag racing the car to be honest on any continuous basis.

It would be nice to hear more feedback on how they are running on a daily basis though. In reality AR wise it has been very quiet.

I think over ten of Daves kits have been sold and several others including myself have something A/R wise going on

It would b enice to see hwo things are going with them. As soon as I have anything to report it will be posted

I have both the MPIII and the Autorotor blowers.

The last time I started a thread asking about RWHP
and stock long blocks.It turned into a 15 page
pissing match, About the two blowers.

So, not to ever start any more problems on the SCCoA.
I will not be listing or starting any threads on my RWHP
with blowers part of the topic, Any longer.

Thanks RANDY

twoblownfords said:
Now you guys have something interesting to read today.
twoblownfords said:
Lighten up folks this has to be more fun then Should i put gears im my supercoupe posts.

Looks like SOMEONE is just playing "troll" for the sake of creating drama and is hoping for another 15 page "pissing match".:rolleyes:

Threads like this, created with the intentions this one was created with are just a BAD idea. If you want to create drama I think you are in the wrong forums and should take such juvenile posts to a forum that may appreciate them.

Don't get me wrong... I like a bit of drama and controversy at times too, but around here it gets us nowhere fast, seldom ever solves anything and usually results in hurt feelings.

Don't know bout the rest of ya'all, but I vote for a thread lock before this turns into the pissing match that it was intended to. :rolleyes:

blowers

Maybe its my fault since im a mustang guy too and i tune the cobras and the mustangs and my sc we put a part on we test it tune it and drag it. I think both blowers are awsome and is it for certain the AR does not fit under the stock hood?

twoblownfords said:
Yes the AR will make more power all day long but the point is people talk about it but thats it. Im sure some have been to the track. My point was when i made the thread on the mp111 so many talked the product down. At least we all have some info now and videos of a low 11sec mp 3 bird. Ok so how fast did someone go with a AR set up so far, with roughly the same mods as the mp3 bird that went 11.3. Lighten up folks this has to be more fun then Should i put gears im my supercoupe posts.

As stated, the only way to get a comparison vs. Kevin's car is to put the AR on his...and he's not interested in it.

Just so you know as well, Kevin's SC weighs roughly 3500 with him in it. Mine weighed in at 4010 which is pretty average for a SC. That's a 500lb weight advantage. That's huge. Of the people who have the AR, I don't know of any who has a "race prep'ed" SC like Kevin. A lot of them are installing the AR on a basically stock longblock or a very slightly modified longblock. There are a few who have a built engine, but those guys also have full interior, etc as well, so there you go with the weight again.

No matter what I do, I'm keeping the drivability of my SC. That's what a lot of us like. It's just like putting the 50 year old grandmother on a commercial for the Bow Flex...there's the little disclaimer that says, "results not typical." With Kevin's SC, you see what can be done if you want to sacrifice a lot of things that help make the SC a luxury touring coupe. Some people like that, I'm don't and the majority don't.

And Kevin only won the race at the shootout against an AR powered SC by less than .01 of a second.

twoblownfords said:
Maybe its my fault since im a mustang guy too and i tune the cobras and the mustangs and my sc we put a part on we test it tune it and drag it. I think both blowers are awsome and is it for certain the AR does not fit under the stock hood?

Actually it does fit under the stock hood, if your content to use a stock SC top. The raised top can be made to fit under the stock hood by using different motor mounts and lowering the K member like Doug Williams did. Other cars will accept the raised top and AR with no mods, like Chris' car.

David

twoblownfords said:

Another misconception. The AR fits fine under a stock hood. Even with a raised top. As for the dyno tuning, that's another issue. You are the first person I know of who says, "I'm a mustang guy.... and I'll tune the SC". There is no one within quite a few miles of me who does mustangs who'll even touch my SC, let alone tune it! (not that i would let them...)

Ira

sc

well i tuned mine and it runs awsome for what it is. Its no different then tuning a 10second race car. Luckily i have nice highways out by me to tune them on the street where it matters.

Scott Long said:
I don't know of anyone with a built motor in a lightened car that is set up specifically for straight line running an AR supercharger.... yet. Now if someone would lend Kevin their AR for testing purposes we could see what it would do. But from what I've heard he isn't interested in switching to an AR and is happy with his MP3. Personally I would swap a blower on my car if someone offered it to me, but its Kevin's car not mine. Still that is very impressive for a non nitrous SC to run in the low 11's like that. Coy's car wasn't even that quick without spray.

I think maybe this spring if Kevin gets some more track time he could hit 10.90's with his MP3 car. Thats damn fast. Maybe I'll just have to ligthen my car and build up a stout longblock and buy an AR and make a run at the 10's. No one else seems to be doing it, or at least they are keeping it under wraps if they are.

I am and was allways willing to try an AR, But unless i saw huge improvements with it, I mean greater than 2 tenths, Then i would keep the MPIII. just my personal taste, I really don't like the whine of the AR, I find it annoying. and I don't like the squareness of the AR case. But if it made me a 1/4 second faster, then i would learn to love it!. I don't know why everbody thinks my car is for straight line only, All i need to do is chage the tires and put the front sway bar back in and it would be the same car as when i autocrossed raced it, I still have the big addco rear sway bar attached. poly bushings everywhere. I agree that my car is lighter than most, but i don't call it gutted by no means. But this year it will be lighten some more, C-4 tranny, a little more internal engine work. electric waterpump drive, and a few more goodies. i want to run 10.84 off the juice. then i will spay her. Then i would call it a more specific drag car, But it still will be registered and insured and i will most definately still drive it on the street.

I'll post a reply only because my car will be finished in less than two weeks and will be posting some time slips soon after. My progress has been slower than I'd have liked due to the fact that I'm a contractor and florida is booming like I've never seen. Here is a link to my member's page http://www.sccoa.com/member/index.php?uniquename=rhines . The only mod not listed is my Lentech valve body. I'm hoping for high 11's then we'll see about gutting my car and deleting things like power steering. I'm not in competition with Kevin or anyone else although I'd like to out run Dave D :D .

Randy N Connie said:
I have both the MPIII and the Autorotor blowers.

The last time I started a thread asking about RWHP
and stock long blocks.It turned into a 15 page
pissing match, About the two blowers.

So, not to ever start any more problems on the SCCoA.
I will not be listing or starting any threads on my RWHP
with blowers part of the topic, Any longer.

Thanks RANDY
I really don't know why people get upset about pissing matches, Maybe thats why i love racing so much, Because it is all about mine is better than yours. All my friends have cars of various kinds and they all are fast, probably they are fast because we all rip on each other about how they are slow, or this car is better. But we do it in fun and it actually puts a fire under their but to go faster. i know thats what happened to me. i gained much respect among all of the gearheads in town because of how fast i made a 6 banger go. if nobody ever says mine is better, Then what challenge does that give people?

Back