AOD Casting Numbers?

Hawks88

I found a few numbers on my AOD, and im curious if it is truely made for an SC.

The first number is off of the Case. It is kind of hard to read, but I beleve it is RF-E9DP-700E

The second is on the extension housing. It is RF-EOAP-7A040-BD

Finaly there is the tag on the extension housing bolts. The first line is PKA-EL21, next is 025867. There is a C13, and then the final line is E95P-FD

The car in question is a 1990. I just wanted to make sure that this is the correct transmission for the car.

BTW: There is also a big 21 on the extension housing, and at the top of the bellhousing.

Thanks.

there were a couple differences in the non-sc versus sc trans. i know there were some metal plungers in place of plastic, just a few minor things but the crown vic trans i tore down had these pieces too. so its hard to say not having any idea what these numbers mean. i have an original out of an SC at the shop and i will jot those numbers down when i go out there later today

The casting numbers for the case and the extension housing will be pretty generic for many of the passenger car AOD applications.

Your tag number, PKA-EL, with or without numerals after it, is correct for the SC version of the AOD.

cheers
Ed N.

there r 2 additional ways to tell a sc transmission .. the supercoupe has a special overdrive servo u can seeit once u drop the valve body its will have an A on the servo cover .. 351w trucks and some cars carry B servos for od while regular v-6 and other v8's carry C servo.. also the sc has a different type govenor for higher rev shifts and late shift into od around 50-55 instead of 42-45 like regular aod's ..

I know it has the A servo. The govenor im not sure about, but as long as the tags were not switched, It sounds like im good to go.

If anyone else can give me an idea as to what the other numbers mean, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Back