Dr Seat Twisted or Leaning? How to Fix

Sam Woodson

The drivers seat is twisted or leaning on 1 side only. The right side near the center console is back slightly farther than the left side (door side)

Any ideas how to fix this? The leather/suede is in excellent condition.

Another thing, the Pwr Lumbar support inflates, but then loses air immediately. I assume the bag has a leak? How is this fixed?

Finally, on both front seats, the head rests will not stay up, they just fall back down.

Thanks in advance!
Sam Woodson

thats odd. is it a manual track? youre gonna have to take the seat out of the car disassemble it and look for the problem. it sounds like the seats may have been apart before because those headrests are a pain in the ~~~ mess with. you may have to pull your leather off the seat frame to fix that. i pulled the cloth off my 96 lx seat frames to wash them(works pretty damn good) but i didnt put the dealies down in there that hold the adjustment for the headrest and they were flopping around when i sold the car. if its manual and its cocked over itll be an easy fix. if its power....i dunno. may have to pull the motor off the bracket holding all the motors and realign the gears so the seat moves forward straight not cocked over all out of whack and ~~~~. or maybe the seat frame is toast....that seems to be more of a fox mustang thing

on the lumbar thing, while youve got the seat out(super easy) just power the lumber on with a drill battery or something so you can pinpoint where your leak is

Last edited:
It's a power seat, the motor was just replaced as it would barely move front to back. I told the shop about it, but it's still twisted. The new motor came with a new track/rails as well.

The Bolster by the door also doesn't seem to go back all the way when uninflated.

Sounds like I have a project to take the seat apart.

Thanks,
Sam

I think I saw a post by Mike8675209 a while back, where he mentioned something about a small weld breaking on one of the brackets...

I forgot to mention, the seat backs also do not lock in the upright position. I mean to get in the back, you should have to flip the lever to lean the seat forward, but the seats just flop forward.

The seat back recliners have inertia locks so they only lock up when they see an acceleration. The lever on the back of the seat back is an emergency release lever if the lock gets jammed to release the seat back.

BobGPz said:
I think I saw a post by Mike8675209 a while back, where he mentioned something about a small weld breaking on one of the brackets...

This is what happens. The seat needs to be taken apart and that piece is going to have to be rewelded. Mine leans as well and when i asked around that is the answer i got.

Where did you get the new motor and what do they range in price?

Sam Woodson said:
It's a power seat, the motor was just replaced as it would barely move front to back. I told the shop about it, but it's still twisted. The new motor came with a new track/rails as well.

The Bolster by the door also doesn't seem to go back all the way when uninflated.

Sounds like I have a project to take the seat apart.

Thanks,
Sam

I got the seat motor and rails from Ford, $350 for both. I had checked junk yards and they said they had them starting at $350 as well.

Back