Broke my "OD"... oops.

Thunder427

um, well I was coming back from my friends college in Oneonta NY, going back to Syracuse and i have like 30 miles left, I was having fun every once in a while speeding, and I have 3:73s and a shift kit, so sometimes it acts interesting when you step on it :) but I was doing about 110 at about 5000 then I backed down to let it shift up a gear to about 2600 and then I slowed down, and then I went to put my foot on the gas and there was nothing, just the revving of the engine... I was thinking oh ~~~~, I just blew my tranny ( AOD go figure ) but I shifted into D, and it worked fine, but of course in D, with 3:73s im at like 3400 at 70 mph just SUCKING gas. and loud and annoying. So I stopped off in Cortland about 25 miles away to see if I could knock some sense into this POS. So I put it in OD and got back on the on ramp... shifting fine until about 45 when it went to go into 4th.. NOTHInG just engine revving. So this sucks. I wont be doing alot of highway travel for a while. So basically I had to drive like 60 to keep it calm... when I wanted to go fast I was at like 4000 in D :(

should I get a new AOD, or just have it checked out ?

yup. and if you continue to drive it you will continue to lose gears or just stop moving. i have had only 1 turn to shrapnel on the road. shucked the tailshaft right out of that bitch

time for an art carr I guess ? :(

and at least I broke it with style :)

it is a 183K AOD too haha. oh well.

any help ? anyone got one for a good amount ?

Back