Fiances car capable of 9.441 in the 1/8th, should I be worried?

brandonhgt

A fellow Grand Cherokee Overland owner ran a 9.441 at an 1/8th track last night (bone stock, same exact car as ours but older with 265hp, 330 lbft, ~4200lbs)
60ft -- 2.109
330ft -- 6.108 @ 56.22
1/8th -- 9.441 @ 72.59

My question is: what would this equate to as far as 0-60 and 1/4 mile times? The reason I ask is because my SC comes out of hibernation once the snow stops and Ive been ragging my fiance that Im going to whup on her jeep in it (after she whupped on my poor Focus). The very LAST thing I want is to lose to my fiance after talking so much crap and to a bone stock suv no less. Im not much past stock myself (havent installed all parts in sig yet) so I think I could pull a high 14 or low 15. Any ideas what that would convert to for 1/8th since any likely race would be from a stop to about 70 at the most? Please give me some insight as my bragging rights could be at risk here! :D

Thanks

brandonhgt said:
A fellow Grand Cherokee Overland owner ran a 9.441 at an 1/8th track last night (bone stock, same exact car as ours but older with 265hp, 330 lbft, ~4200lbs)
60ft -- 2.109
330ft -- 6.108 @ 56.22
1/8th -- 9.441 @ 72.59

My question is: what would this equate to as far as 0-60 and 1/4 mile times? The reason I ask is because my SC comes out of hibernation once the snow stops and Ive been ragging my fiance that Im going to whup on her jeep in it (after she whupped on my poor Focus). The very LAST thing I want is to lose to my fiance after talking so much crap and to a bone stock suv no less. Im not much past stock myself (havent installed all parts in sig yet) so I think I could pull a high 14 or low 15. Any ideas what that would convert to for 1/8th since any likely race would be from a stop to about 70 at the most? Please give me some insight as my bragging rights could be at risk here! :D

Thanks

those times should amount to like a 14.7 - 14.8

the closest i got to that was a 9.8 @ 71.6 and the 1/4 was 15.3 @ 89.5 so figure it from there i guess

It might slow down in the 1/4 mile depending on if it's AWD/4wd. It might be hitting the 1/8 so quickly because of having so much traction, it still could be a dog up top, plus a jeep isn't aerodynamic, so that will play a signifigant part in the back half.

Let's see...Gonna spend the rest of yer life with her but the first thing ya plan on doin' is whoopin' her in a race.

Call me silly but I'd practice up on sand-baggin' if I were you. Then after you "lose", just lay on the excuses a lil thick and she'll be puddin' in yer hands.

That, or redlight by a full bulb and smoke 'em half the track. That's what I'm gonna do to Ed the NEXT TIME.

'bird

If its a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 4.7L and AWD it will be quick off the line. They slow down once they hit about 50 mph.

I raced one when my SC 90 auto was bone stock the first night I bought it. I got beat. Then I went and practiced how to stall the car up against the convertor and launch it. Called out a rematch and got a good launch with minimal spin. I had about a car length on the Jeep at the point of the road where we figured was about a 1/4 mile. After 100 mph that jeep faded fast.

If it's got a 360 in it, the out come might be different. Haven't ran a Hemi yet, and don't plan to take on an SRT-8.

I also whooped a 5.2L jeep in my 5-speed SC cuz the guy was talking trash. I blew his ~~~ clean off the road.

1FASTSC said:
It might slow down in the 1/4 mile depending on if it's AWD/4wd. It might be hitting the 1/8 so quickly because of having so much traction, it still could be a dog up top, plus a jeep isn't aerodynamic, so that will play a signifigant part in the back half.

True. You can see that reflected in the MPH that the Jeep is running in the 1/8th. It's a few MPH lower than most cars running that 1/8th mile time.

-Rod

Scott Long said:
If its a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 4.7L and AWD it will be quick off the line. They slow down once they hit about 50 mph.

I raced one when my SC 90 auto was bone stock the first night I bought it. I got beat. Then I went and practiced how to stall the car up against the convertor and launch it. Called out a rematch and got a good launch with minimal spin. I had about a car length on the Jeep at the point of the road where we figured was about a 1/4 mile. After 100 mph that jeep faded fast.

If it's got a 360 in it, the out come might be different. Haven't ran a Hemi yet, and don't plan to take on an SRT-8.

I also whooped a 5.2L jeep in my 5-speed SC cuz the guy was talking trash. I blew his ~~~ clean off the road.

It has the 4.7HO (30hp, 30tq more than regular 4.7) and it is AWD. The 4.7HO, 5.9, and hemi all run close to the same as long as the 5.9 is stock(lots of mods out there). For some reason the hemi's are slower than older Jeeps by just a bit even though they were so highly touted, maybe due to the fact that they weigh a few hundred pounds more. And as far as the SRT-8 goes, all I can say is: I WANT ONE BAD!

As far as the race, Im gonna just keep my mouth shut for now and wait til I can afford to put my SC into the 13's. I know I could beat her up high easily right now but I dont want to get us killed before we even get marrried!

Thanks guys

Back