inverted blowers

tonyfarnsworth

mannysc has a inverted blower and all that i has gone from it is pictures? does this inverted blower work? how many pounds of boost do you run? what are the advantages?

hmm..

Well, I'd tend to think it's prolly give you better flow to each intake port, a more even flow. Prolly help #3 and #6 from burning up as easy they sometimes do. That's about it though. Without the aide of an intercooling system in conjunction with the M90 (which I don't think Manny has configured) he's limiting his maximum boost, especially if he upgrades the blower to a Magaport/Dominion IV style blower with severe overdrive. If he went the way of the twin-screw whipple, the intercooler is less important (as it doesn't increase the temp of the intake charge by near the same amount as the M90) and the whole idea of the inversion would just work better (less weight, more boost, no I/C required, better directed charge flow)

Just my thoughts and perhaps I've no idea what I'm saying ;) Darryl

mannysc is inverted

the setup uses a small water cooler under blower between case and manifold and propane injection to bring , temps down way below zero, I will have some stats on setup soon , my sc is in peices, had to overhaul motor to take the abuse im going to have to put it through to test setup,, hopefully Ill have a few out and running in a few cars for evaluation real soon, Im making a few for some good friends , ive just been busy with health and personal troubles,, but now its full steam ahead, had to workout some design flaws like intake welds cracking when propane was injected, bypass valve had to be changed, and making water outlet andfew other little things it takes to invert blower,, its a nightmare for one person with little machineist skills,, hell the throttle cable bracket was hard as hell to figure and the water to air ic is a beyach to do had to make it fit under stock hood,, blew my motor twice testing out, had ic leak water into intake once hydro lock up, running out of room next post

ok next post

i tried a prototype setup and got 14 lbs boost at 5000 rpms with stock pully, boost comes on faster less area to fill ,,, my intake plenum is 23/4 id and straight shot from tb to blower inlet but all this is nothing with out good exh and ported heads the setup needs this to use its power making properties, a whipple is better but my setup is for the poor man , I plan on selling for around 1500 total price moded lower intake manifld, new intake plenum,bypass, water to air ic and hoses h20 pump radiator cool can and belts and new water outlet as blower snout is on other side now,, or sell individual parts so customer can supply some parts they already have or can get cheaper... my first test setup made some serius power but blew motor when water leaked my last test broke suspension mount bolts off at frame, then I tore car apart to get it ready for some testing pined rod and mains bearings, high flow oil pump cam ported heads ported exh ported blower, want to see how much powewr this thing makes with free flowing street motor,

Last edited:
Back