Starting issues...

PjsBird

Ok... so, i get the new starter in. And go to jump the relay/solonoid with large screwdriver. engine turns over, but slowly. next time its even slower, and the key does nothin. That was with my garbage battery (dead cell+ external battery)Now im using just an external battery to jump it. Mine is toast, so im running jumpers from a charged battery to the positive/negative terminals (terminals in bad shape) After taking out my toast battery, a can still jump the relay/solonoid, and stuff happens in the engine bay, but the engine doesnt turn. So I dont know whats going on now... I'm getting a new battery and battery terminals tommorow and will see if that helps, but the external battery im using is fully charged... And i checked all conections to the starter. (including the little spade shaped one) i havnt had anyone around to crank it for me while i work on the car, so i cant use my little light to tell if there is power to the starter or not (to see if its the wiring) but im pretty sure its fine as it was turing over earlier. Any help is greatly appreciated, as I cant afford to just throw money at this car... I just want the damn thing to turnover.... arg

More times than not this just doesn't work. Trying to start a vehicle through jumper cables just doesn't carry enough amperage to do the job. Set the battery in the car and put the terminals on it. If the battery is at a good charge it will probably fire it right up.

hmmm

thank you. One more quick question. If the starter solonoid/relay is fried, what are the symptoms?

Back