Need MAJOR help!

5o4SHO

Hi i have a 94sc and I was changing the belts on it today. I got done with that, took it out for a test drive and it literally started PUKING coolant. Im not sure if there is supposed to be a hose here or what but I took a shot of the engine to show you. The part where the coolant is coming from is the shiny silver tube in the middle of the picture. Is there supposed to be a line or a plug there?

000_0167.jpg

Did you change all the belts?

It looks like you SC belts has cracks all through it.

5o4SHO said:
ouch, it must have blown off somewhere. How hard is this to fix?

As far as I can tell from the pic it just came loose...plug it back in and tighten the brace. I'd get goodyear gatorbacks next time...good belts.

I showed them in red both of them should meet up.
Looks like you need a new SC belt as well since it's showing some age.

Attachments

• 000_0167.jpg
    000_0167.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 73
Thanks guys, I got it all back together and she's running good. Does anyone sell Supercharger belts that are meant to fit over 10% overdrive pulleys? I put a stock replacement one on it from autozone, and it chewed it up within a couple of minutes! :confused:

Yes , it's a bit shorter # 8K390 (stock size = 8K393 - these are old style part numbers) or S/080390 (new style part number). Try the Dayco Gold Polycog belt from PepBoys; the ribs are pre-cut so it huggs the smaller pulley better.

Back