17" 01' Lincoln LS rims Fit on a 90 SC. Now I know.

B

BlackAnSC

17" 01' Lincoln LS rims Fit on a 90 SC. Now I know.

I bought a set for $500 CDN... less than 10,000km on them, and not a single Blemish. I think I got one hell of a Deal. Got 4 new 235/45/R17 Tires for $114 CDN each. So altogether it was a pretty Smoking price.

The rims are the 5 Spoke ones, they look awesome. They are also almost the same design and some of the newer Jags have also.

Re: 17" 01' Lincoln LS rims Fit on a 90 SC. Now I know

So let's see some pics!!!

Definitely, let's see some pics, Tony!

Ill get some ASAP.

well

I just came back from a meet and saw his rims..

WOW i didn't expect them to look THAT good. Now we got another set of factory rims we can order.

Also we need pics quick, they look SWEET, good upgrade.

They would look even more killer in chrome

R

Re: well "17 01' Lincoln LS rims Fit on a 90 SC. Now I

I have a couple of questions about how these rims match up to our bolt pattern.

1. Are they an exact fit?

2. Is there a spacer or adapter that is needed?

3. Will the tire rub on the wheel well giving the offset of these rims?

Thanks,
Jason

I know from measuring them up from cars in our shop at work, these rims are 7-1/2" wide, and do have a bit more positive offset than the T-Bird rims. I guess it's up to Tony to tell us if they rub on anything or not. They are the same bolt pattern as the MN-12 cars, 5 on 108 mm, not sure if the hub hole diameter is the same or not. I also know when I tried one of my T-Bird 17x8-1/2" ROH wheels on the LS, it hung out of the fender about half an inch !!

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

They looked saweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet at the meet man

In august I may need to snag the other lsc ones from ya, :)

Well... Let's see some pics!!! ;)

well

Well i asked him the same question because the have a slight positive offset, but basically unless u are a SC nut u won't notice the diff. They are set in a bit but hardly noticable. It could also be cuz he has 235/45/17 tires.

With thoes tires they don't rub when the wheel is cranked. Personally myself i don't even think they would rub with 245's

I would put a spacer on them for that little extra bit. But im a picky perfectionist, i gotta have it that way.

Anyway good bolt on mod, look sweet

Ray

Re: well

They are definitely a sharp looking wheel ... too bad they are only 7-1/2" wide ... that's too girlie-man for me. :) But certainly a nice 17" upgrade for the price !! A set of 245-50-17 would fit nicely on those for people who want to keep stock diameter tires as well. A 245-45-17 would be squeezed a bit on a 7-1/2" rim, but not too bad.

(my new 18"s going on are 8-1/2" wide)

cheers
Ed N.

Ed,

Your old ROH's were also 8.5" wide, weren't they? Is it done then? Did Billy buy them?

Cheers,

i looked on the damn internet for an hour last night, and couldnt even find a pic of these wheels on an ls. i checked lincolns website, car dealership websites. no luck. does anyone have a pic of the wheels at least? if so send it to me at supercoupe@hotmail.com or post it up here. i wanna see these!!!
-matt

Picture of the SC w/LS rims

Checkout the "SCCOWC Meet Pics (large)" Thread. I think that it is the White SC with the clear corner lights on it. I do agree we need too see a pic of these rims up close.

Re: Picture of the SC w/LS rims

I had checked out that thread when it first appeared, and I don't recall seeing any SC's with Lincoln LS rims.

I would really like to see a pic of these wheels on a SC. Please post pics!!!

Thanks,

Sean

Yah he does have a black sc, its hte one thats in his sig.

When some more of us sccowc boys get out pics developed from the meet someone should have some pics. We were all drooling over the wheels while I tried to make my alarm stop going off, hah

I found two styles so far:

lsc.jpg

lsb.jpg

I think those have too much backspacing to work on a 93 up.

Back