2 vacuum lines at passengers rear

7birdslater

They are hard plastic lines that go from the back of the intake manifold to to far side of the passengers side firewall by the hinge and go into the car. I can only guess that they do the A/C and heater controls. I have one of them plugged as it had a major leak and im out of that size hose. The vents still switch when I push the buttons and I still hear the standard hiss when pushing them with the car off:confused: Where else could this hose go to? something is missing its vacuum. Thanks. Its nasty outside or I would go get a pic.

theres only a few hard lines. the EGR is on that side and thats probably what it is. the boost guage, and a couple otheres are on the drivers side. theres one for the bypass on the drivers side too. see if you have a hose going to the egr.

Could be the EGR, the line goes from hard plastic to rubber along the firewall. Is there an EGR component inside the vehicle that this line goes to?
I was excited last night to get my first CEL with this car......I was suprised that it took 7 miles in first gear to get one though. Could be an EGR code too. Its way too nasty outside to pull em though. :(

Here is a pic of this hose

This is the hose im wondering about. Its the one with some rubber hose on it and the bolt plugging it up. The hose that went to it is the large rubber one at the top of the picture. It turns into a hard plastic line and runs into the fender. Thanks.

90SChose.sized.jpg

BTW. My cell was caused by the drivers side O2 sensor not being plugged in. Someone bought an el cheapo sensor and the wire is nowhere near long enough for the plugs to meet each other so they left it dangling:mad:

There is a charcoal canister in the fender on the passenger side, as well as a control valve that is behind the pax side head light that has vacuum lines to it.....

You might want to check into those.

Frit

Thanks for the reply. I got some hose and hooked it up. It didnt make any difference at all, but at least all my vac lines are new now. :)

Back