PDA

View Full Version : Copper spray regular HGs?

sizemoremk
01-22-2006, 01:57 PM
I am putting my new heads on my old block, which wasn't surfaced.

I am gonna be using the regular felpros until I get everything dialed in. Kinda like the idea of a safety valve until I get things worked out anyhow. The new block will get the MLS, or one of those cometic like gaskets if they come into being...

Anyhow, should I try and put some copper spray on one or both sides? I usually put it on darn near anything:D

David Neibert
01-22-2006, 02:16 PM
I am putting my new heads on my old block, which wasn't surfaced.

I am gonna be using the regular felpros until I get everything dialed in. Kinda like the idea of a safety valve until I get things worked out anyhow. The new block will get the MLS, or one of those cometic like gaskets if they come into being...

Anyhow, should I try and put some copper spray on one or both sides? I usually put it on darn near anything:D

Yes..spray both sides.

David

RBH Racing
01-23-2006, 12:36 AM
pop, POP, POP!

Unless this is a straight steel shim or composite gasket, PLEASE! don't spray it, this just going to cause issues down the road or immediatley. I posted on your other without checking the part #, and was corrected.

Just follow the directions though.:)

David Neibert
01-23-2006, 12:49 AM
pop, POP, POP!

Unless this is a straight steel shim or composite gasket, PLEASE! don't spray it, this just going to cause issues down the road or immediatley. I posted on your other without checking the part #, and was corrected.

Just follow the directions though.:)

He said he's using regular felpro gaskets (aka composite gaskets).

David

RBH Racing
01-23-2006, 01:26 AM
like I said I didn't check the part #, I work on 20 vehicles a day some days but have yet to have replace a set of sc head gaskets. Some here have done 10 sets.... I just know the very costly mistakes I see so many others make, and wanted to save him from the same. Just because they are composite gaskets does not mean that they are not pre-coated, I should have explained further.

Jason Wild
01-23-2006, 07:03 PM
What do you mean,
I have my gaskets sprayed there felpro and there holding for 3 years now seeing 15+ psi even with stock exhaust. I'm not the only one running this lots of others are as well.

I taked to a guy with a 1200HP blowen hemi and he said the only way he were able to make head gaskets last was using copper spray.