HG question

Young-SC-Owner

are the regular fel-pro gaskets good? because i bought them for my car and i hopeing they wont blow any helpful suggestions? comments?:eek: before i put em on?

thats what im using too. just make sure they are SC specific, i got mine from white brothers in a kit with a bunch of other crap. someone on here talks about putting copper spray on them but that aint something i know a lot about.

I had the heads milled, and then I scraped the block deck clean with a razor blade. Put the felpro permatorque blue stripe gaskets on, new bolts, and called it done. Car has run fine for 50k miles so far. This was back in the summer of 2003 that I did that.

well i had the block and heads milled also i just wondered bout the hg's also the block was heated but thanks a milloin for the help...i did buy the SC specific HGs and if i might ask what is copper spraying?

DO NOT SPRAY THESE GASKETS, please!!!!!!!!

I just got done this week repairing 2 cars that the MORON previous owners put headgaskets on. Both times they had sprayed a pre-coated hg with copper spray. therein double or tripling the thickness of the super soft scratch and roll sealer.

POP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$1,200:eek:
:rolleyes:

RBH Racing said:
DO NOT SPRAY THESE GASKETS, please!!!!!!!!

I just got done this week repairing 2 cars that the MORON previous owners put headgaskets on. Both times they had sprayed a pre-coated hg with copper spray. therein double or tripling the thickness of the super soft scratch and roll sealer.

POP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$1,200:eek:
:rolleyes:

What are you talking about....super soft scratch and roll sealer ? The stock Felpro blue composite gaskets are not pre-coated.

David

LOL, that's what I WAS just posting on his other ???. UNLESS it's not pre-coated. I'll skip it....:D

It just scares me it's so often people get to happy with spraying things:D :D

Back