Weird Problem - HELP!!!!

It's Taken

Ok here it goes. First, I have a 95 SC with a auto trans, and I was driving down the road and went thourgh a decent size puddle. Ever since then when its raining out and the road is wet the O/D light flashes and the car runs like crap, like its not hitting on all cylinders. Then the next day when the road is dry the problem goes away and the car runs like a champ.

I had the plugs and wires changed, but I still have the problem. If someone could tell me if this is a trans problem or a motor problem it would really be helpful, or any ideas would be great.

To make a long story short- Road is wet= O/D light flashes motor runs ruff
Road is dry= O/D light doesn't flash,motor runs good.

You can start with a spray bottle and start spraying one area at a time, see what makes it start having issues.

The O/D light flashing worries me. If you have a bone stock trans - you should know that the MLPS (where it's bolted on the side of the trans) is vunerable to water infiltration (bad gasket) and that could be part of your problem. I would download and review the excellent article on our 4RW70 trans (94/94 SC's) on the TCCOA website & if you intend keeping the car, then consider doing some (if not all) the recommended upgrades.

Jeremy_K said:
Put some di-electric grease in all of the plug fittings.

^^ If that is the problem how much do they cost. I'm just trying to get an idea on how big of a problem this is.

Back