who here has the mn12performance rear knuckle bushings?

blown96bird

I am thinking about replacing my rear knucklels bushing along with a new set of wheel bearings. If you have these bushing I would like to know the good bad and ulgy?

They are a little bit trick to install make sure to put some lube on them. I suggest the silicone grease like the stuff you get for spark plug wires. WD-40 works ,but I am afraid it may soften the material over time. Dishwashing liquid would work as well. Mine have had good results.
Alan

Lowered you Wheel?

Jason Wild said:
Well worth the cost I found them to lower how much wheel I had.
HUH? How can poly bushings lower your wheel?

Confused 68COUGAR
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited:
They only help if the inner control arm bushings are in good shape.

I belive the inner bushings are where the sloppiness comes from. You can use part of the polyurethane 99+ cobra prothane inner lower control arm bushings on the SC.. When I'm done with my rear suspention and subframe, the only rubber bushing will be the upper eccentric one.

Hopefully will be wheel hop free! I also have Rich Thompson's pinion braces.

Jeramie

92bird said:
I belive the inner bushings are where the sloppiness comes from. You can use part of the polyurethane 99+ cobra prothane inner lower control arm bushings on the SC. Jeramie
Are you saying that there a 99+ Cobra poly Inner LCA bushing, will fit the SC Inner UCA? OR do you mean that the Cobra LCA bushing will work on SC LCA's?

It makes sense that the inner UCA bushings would be the problem. You can apply more force with a long lever, than you can with a short lever. The UCA + knuckle are a longer lever, than the knuckle alone. The movement of the knuckle against the UCA, is the same as a short 2nd. class lever. The movement of the knuckle & UCA together, are equivilent of a long 2nd. class lever. Therefore more TQ is applied to the inner UCA bushing, than is applied to the outer UCA bushing.

I have a brand new set of SC rear UCA's, that I plan to modify & use with the VPM poly knuckle kit. If there is a poly Inner UCA bushing that I can use in place of the OEM rubber eccentric inner UCA bushings, I'll do that at the same time.

Yeah I've read all the threads about not using poly in the inner UCA bushings. I'm not sure that I agree with what's been promoted as Bushing Gospel. I'd rather try it, and Fail, than to quote other people who have never tried it either!!!!!!!! Until somebody trys it, it's just the Blind leading the Blind!!!!!!

68COUGAR

Last edited:
Back