help please!!!

johnlx302

i just replaced my crank sensor onn a 90 sc which previous owner had installed new balancer before dissassebly i noticed the pickup ring on the back of the balancer was bent straightened as best as possible and reinstalled i now have a tach signal but it breaks up and stalls do i need another new balancer or possible dis??? any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

tks
john

Did you run the engine through 360 degrees by hand and watch all three crank sensor vanes clear through the sensor? If you have one bent back by hand it might not be correctly bent. If one of them even taps your sensor, it can destroy it. I used a very thin piece of cardboard from a notebook, some people use a matchbook cover.
The DIS also comes to mind. Might want to pull yours up, clean underneath it, lay down some new heat sink compound and screw it back down. I had a poorly grounded DIS once that caused havoc. Good luck.

yea i tryed cleaning the dis contacts but it seems to run worse since i installed the crank sensor other than i don't have an intermittant tach anymore the tach seems to be reading now i have a new dis coming in the mail i was just wondering if it was something that i could have done wrong
tks
john

Back