How bad is it?

Young-SC-Owner

Hi like some of you know i have an 89 SC and i have the engine out of it but all the wiring for the car is still in is it bad to hook a 12V battery charger up to it and did the 35th's have a 145 or 120 speedo just wondering Thanks And i have gaskets for a chevy 350 small block and if anyone needs some maybe we can trade for SC gaskets PS and holley carb kits and carbs--Thak you guys SOOOO much if it werent for you i would be so far from where i am now thank you, thank you, thank you.

Last edited:
It should be okay as long as you don't turn the key to "ON" and start pumping gas all over the place. I suppose you could remove the fuel pump relay. 94/95's were the only SC's to come from the factory with the 145mph speedo.

After reading the post again... don't just hook a battery charger up to the battery cables. Do you have the battery that was in it?

Make sure the positive lead to the starter is not touching a chassis ground or the sparks will fly.

Cheers,

Sean

Why not just disconnect the battery cables from the battery, then hook up the charger to the battery and charge away? The car's elec. system won't even be connected to it then and there is nothing to worry about.

Thats what i did XR7,but thanks and in response to earlier posts i dropped the tank so i dont have to worry about fuel going everywhere but thank yall

Back