Bosch Platinum 4212

Spider

are these good plugs for these cars ?
i tried getting some double platinums but they cant even get them. so i figure i would get these instead, do these plug work good for the 90 SC ?
im gonna be rompin on it gettin on the freeway so i need something thats not gonna mess with my performance :D

that tiny Dot of platinum just doesnt look like it puts out a good spark but im sure im proboly wrong about that

Last edited:
If you do a search on here for "spark plugs" you will find that this topic has been discussed and discussed again over and over. General consensus seems to be Autolite double plats or Autolite plain copper plugs. A few like the Denso iridiums but they are like $6.00 per plug. For the Autolites.... the copper ones are just fine (that's what I run) and the double platinums seem to be very comparable except lasting longer.

well i know what the good ones are and all my options and read other topics, but i was asking about this specific plug not the others...thanks thoe ;)

From all of the previous discussions that Tracy was refering to, Bosch Platinums are not good plugs for these cars. They might (and probably do) work well in other applications, but they don't for SC's.

ok cause i tried getting the Double plats at Autozone and for some reason they cant even order them for my car :( so i jsut got these.

what kinda problems do you think i might see for running this type of plug ?

last thing i really wanna do is try to take these plugs out again and pay money for another set.

I seem to recall issues with spark blow out under boost with the Bosche plugs but I am not possitive on that. Also, I have never used them in MY car PERSONALLY. On a stock setup they MIGHT be just fine and spark blow out maybe would only occur under higher boost applications. Whatever the case... I figure I will stick to what most others report having good luck with. Especially since plugs are such a pain to change if you do end up having issues with them.

i was there 2 days ago and asked them and they couldnt even order them... then i went there yesterday to pick up the rest of my parts and asked another guy and he also looked them up on the computer and he also said he couldnt order them... this is crap cause i wanted the double plats... :mad:
thanks for the numbers :cool:

seems like they cant even order:
AUTOLITE_DOUBLE_PLAT APP2544
AUTOLITE_PLATINUM AP2544
AC-DELCO-RAPIDFIRE 11
SPLITFIRE_3_PLATINUM SPLIT "V" DESIGN TP514D
CHAMPION_DOUBLE_PLAT PLATINUM POWER 3407
DENSO STANDARD 5048
CHAMPION_GOLD

thanks for the numbers :cool:
im gonna try to take them back but im sure they wont since i already installed them

my driving style is i liek to romp on it at almost every stop light so i think im gonna need the right plugs

Last edited:
just got off the phone with them and there gonna let me take my plugs out and exchange them for the Autolite APP764 :D cost a little more but im sure its worth it.

thanks again

Go in there and tell them to get on the computer and go to the cross reference menu. Then have them type in AWSF32PP and then it will come up with the autolites. They are a heat range colder than stock and good for nitrous. Thats what I run in my SC's. And that is how I looked up the proper number when I worked there.

Autolite number APP764 so when i get these do i run them at the same Gap or a smaller Gap ?
i searched the forums but i get a range between .44 and .55 but there on differant cars and differant mods so i dont knwo if that makes any differance or what... i already took old plugs out put new ones in and took those back out and got new better ones and after i install again i realy dont wanna do this again if you know what im sayin :D

my 90SC is all stock except for the K&N

Last edited:
Many folks have done fine with the larger gaps. My plug gapper has only gone to like .43, so I've gapped them at that, and a little more, on my fairly stock SC's in the past.

Back