I almost ditched my SC

MySCRocket1203

New news in my on going struggle with my sc. after a bad rebuild a year ago and all the trouble i went thru to clean up the job they did, now the crankshaft has broken. i need to rebuild the engine again. (i have the guys who did the rebuild originally in small claims court for lots of reasons) in so cal who can be trusted to build the engine properly. i caled r&e racing in lancaster who wanted 5k for a standard rebuild and then 2k more for the cam and heads reworked. seems a bit much to me. if anyone could let me know who they trust and the contact info for them that would be great. if i cant get it fixed for a reasonable price ill just park it for how everlong and when i can afford it ill go full racing with like coy miller or maybe have r&e do it but id love to have it running now. thanks in advance guys

sorry to hear about all that trouble. Are you looking for a shop that will pull out the motor, build it up and put it back in ?? or u gonna pull out the motor and just want a shop to work on the motor ????

the whole nine yards i dont ahve the time for the pull and install or id just pull it and replace the crank myself (or atleast try, get frustrated and then pay someone to fix my mess later) but yeah i need the whole nine yards any ideas?

just to update my dad is having a buddy of his do the rebuild at his shop. hes gonna pull it and replace parts and reinstall it for 1700. my dad has a lot of confidence in these guys so im just hoping they dont screw the pooch. sorry to blcksc my dad has control of the money that goes to the car right now so its his call. but thanks for the help and feedback i hope to do buisness with your shop in the future. the car should be up and running by saturday. so maybe ill make the next meet.

Back