Vehicle Maintenance Monitor Part Needed

omahalady

Hi - I am new 1990 SC Owner. But repeat TB owner. Thunderbird is only car I have ever really loved. Well, problem is Jiffy Lube broke Vehicle Maintenance Monitor piece that goes around the plug and play part. They are going to pay for, but Ford no longer makes. So hoping someone out there has part for sale. Thanks so much......................Debbie:(

Jiffy Lube??????????????

omahalady said:
Jiffy Lube broke Vehicle Maintenance Monitor piece that goes around the plug and play part.
What was Jiffy Lube doing inside the dash?

Normally Jiffy Lube is OIL OUT / OIL IN / Out in 10 min.

Confused 68COUGAR

Strike 2: Jiffy Lube

the-big-e said:
She told me they were trying to reset the VMM.....
And they didn't think to look in the owners manual. OR just tell YOU to reset the VMM which they obviously didn't know how to do. The same Numb Nutz probably removes the dash, to rest the trip odometer!!!!!!

My Dad took his truck there once for an oil change. They put the oil pan drain plug back in with an IMPACT WRENCH. Stripped ALL the threads outa the pan. The kid said it was faster than putting the plug in by hand!!!!!!!!!!! On the "up side" though, he did offer to jam a bolt in the hole for him!!!!!!! He said it would probably last long enough to get him home. Gee, isn't THAT great service?

68COUGAR

68COUGAR

I had mine done at one of those oil change places.....

The idiot did OK changing the oil and eveything, but when he went to close the hood he let it down very gently until the safety latch engaged....

Then he took both hands and pushed down on the hood right above the headlights and left two dents in the hood.....:eek:

Why he didn't just let gravity close the hood, I don't know.....

Every time I had the oil changed, I was the one that reset the VMM anyway.....

those vmm's are hard to find. i think i need a new one but ints not phisicaly broken it just dosnt turn on.any suggestions?

U should of taken it to a goodyear.:) haha( former employe)

I have quite a few of them here at my shop....

Do you need the whole unit, or just the electrical part?

Back