93 sc/auto

sendo

ok, going to go look at a 93 auto with 113,000 is there anything i should look for on this year/model? they are asking 2,900
thanks, Sendo

Hard to say specifically what to look for... You need to look at everything. Ask to see service records... Run a carfax... pull engine codes, or have a knowledgable mechanic check it out... Check for rust, bondo, missing parts, condition of belts, hoses, wiring harness, etc. If it is an AOD(E) check the condition of the tranny fluid. And then if everything checks out and you are satisfied with the car, offer $2K... Save the remaining $900 for the repairs (there will be repairs).

will a 90 sc be a better choice then the 93? the 90 has 110,000.
someone told me that the 90 has bad abs system so i was trying to stay away from them, but there seem to be more of these out here in nor cal

You have to drive it and look for clunks. At that age, it probably needs suspension work - you need to find out how much. Make sure the tranny shifts nicely - it could be on its way out too. Check the radiator and dispstick for evidence of oil-to-coolant contamination. (Headgaskets.) Check for rust like a hawk. Pull the carpet back from the rear shock towers and check for rust there - a leaky rear windshield caused bad rust on my 89.

Back