Head Gaskets

coupeCorona

HEY GUYS BOUGHT A HOUSE AND HAVE A NICE GARAGE NOW TO WORK IN, I HAVE DONE ABOUT A HAND FULL OF HG REPLACEMENTS ON MY OWN COUPE AND MY BUDDIES. I KNOW IF YOU BRING YOUR COUPES TO THE SHOP THEY ARE GOING TO KILL YOU IN LABOR. WHEN THE GASKET SET AND BOLTS AND EVERYTHING IS UNDER 200.00 DOLLARS!!! SO I AM STARTING TO DO WORK OUT OF MY LITTLE SHOP. I AM BUYING A 94 WITH BLOWN HG AND I WILL DOCUMENT THE HOLE THING TO SHOW THAT I CAN DO THIS THE RIGHT WAY AND UNDER ONE DAY. ALL TOGETHER I THINK I HAVE DONE 10 REPLACEMENTS AND YOU ALL CAN HAVE THE # OF THEM ALL TO CHECK AND ASK QUESTIONS. GOING RATE ON 89-93 IS ABOUT 500$ AND 94-95 700$ GIVE ME A CALL OR EMAIL ME 231-767-8362 coupe91SC@yahoo.com thanks chris

hell i got more than that in my machine work parts/supplies/ than $500. do you have the heads cleaned/tanked/new seals put in? my head guy charges 125 for a basic head job. clean and hand lap the valves, maybe cut a couple angles into them, decked just a hair(for straightness). also any work that needs done while you got it apart(motor mounts, hose/belt replacement) do you do these things too? i mean 500 sounds like the deal, but a head gasket job aint just a head gasket job. my motor job started as a valve cover gasket job. this is my 4th time having an SC motor apart and my 8th time in with a tranny. im telling ya if it wasnt such a damn fine automobile, i wouldnt be willing to work on it so much!

there is a way

i will give you the # of my friend that i did started early and got done a 10 at night driving it back to his house!!!!!!! need new heater hose spark plugs wires head bolt had the heads cleaned and checked and put back together

I could maybe do it in a day if I had a machine shop ready to mill my heads as soon as I pulled them off. If I started at 7:00 am I could be driving it by 10:00 pm that night. Honest. I do my own valve stem seal replacements, and I lap the valves myself. I take the bare heads into the machine shop to have them milled and checked. Thats it. Then I scrape the block, and put the new gaskets and heads on, with new bolts.

I could even gasket match the heads if I had my own die grinder and some bits.

I'd still prefer to take the time and give the car the attention it deserves. I replace all the plugs and wires, the t-stat, the water pump gasket, the belts and hoses, the O2 sensors, hose clamps, and other misc. little hoses and sensors (temp switch). I also paint the blower/ic/tubes and the accessory brackets. I even take all the pullies off and give them a fresh coating of high temp gloss black. And I painted my exhaust manifolds too.

Back