Trottle Body Label

Wicked SC

I was working on my car today and when I took off the air cleaner tube, I noticed that there's a yellow label on top of the throttle body lip (where the black hose from the air cleaner slips onto the T/B). The problem is that the label on my car is all scratched up, and I can't read what it says. All I can make out is "ATTENTION" and then something about screws and throttle plate coating. If anyone has a chance to read their label, can you please post what it says? Thank you.

It says "ATTENTION DO NOT CLEAN INSIDE THROTTLE BODY OR ADJUST HARD STOP SCREW SPECIAL COATING ON THROTTLE PLATE AND BORE" Or if you don't believe me you can go check out the 65mm TB for sale on tccoa right now :)

Thank you, Kevin! I do believe you, BTW. Now, if I understand correctly, Ford doesn't want you to clean the inside of the Throttle Body. So what do you do if it's all grimey in there (like mine)? I was planning on cleaning it with some Throttle cleaner, but now I don't know if I should. Anyone have any suggestions?

I believe the coating is there to prevent the throttle body from getting dirty like yours is. I just used some carb cleaner on mine with no detrimental effects. I think there is throttle body cleaner spray you can get that will not harm that coating.

Back