Are 1990 & 1995 Bumpers Interchangeable?

SuperDad

I would like to put 1990 style front & rear bumpers on my new 1995 SC.
Does anyone know if the bolts will line up?
Thanks for any help:)

no they wont sorry the headlights are different and they have a different grill area so it will look funny on a 95 but the rears will work

Oh well, so much for good news!
Thanks for the help before I did anything stupid.
I did notice that Xenon sells lower body kits for T-Birds, (Pretty lame in my opinion) but the front dam kit (sold seperatly & supposedly works on SC's) does not look that bad. I think the lower front (under the bumper) on the1995 SC is missing something.
If anyone has put one of these things on, let me know how it worked.
Much appreciated.
Jim:)

Rubber Baby Buggy Bumper

SuperDad said:
I would like to put 1990 style front & rear bumpers on my new 1995 SC.
I assume you are talking about the Bumper COVER, & not the actual bumper?

68COUGAR

Doh! I forgot about that part being different. I knew the headlights were different but I thought the bumper would still work - just not look totally right. Didn't think about the grill difference...

-Melon

68Couger,
I don't know what's involved in changing the front style.
The main bumper is OK, I just don't care for the way the middle of the lower part just disappears.
As far as the Xenon front dam, it's part #5471 & the picture of it is on the front page of there web site as a part of KIT # 5499 on this page:
http://store.yahoo.com/spoilers4less/bxenbodstylk11.html
Take a look.
Jim

Isnt the lower part of the bumper black? If so you could just paint that part the color of your car so it doesnt look so weird. My car is black and the front bumper was repainted when I bought it so I cant tell.

Just the lower (bottom) part, kinda just disappears under the car, If anything I would like it to stick out a little more.

I didn't see a pic of the front air dam. And it didn't say what years its for. I've seen some sin ugly one for the 94-95 but there is a nice looking one for the early SC's.

The rear bumper fits fine. The front you'd have to get a new hood, header panel, headlights, and bumper. All from the earlier cars.

There's a guy on here with a 94 LX that had an SC motor installed and the front end conversion back to early style and the early rims and early bumper. I'd personally keep the late model wheels if I was him, but he bought it that way.

SuperDad said:
Just the lower (bottom) part, kinda just disappears under the car, If anything I would like it to stick out a little more.
yeah I did some searching I thought it was painted to match the car but you can paint it to match and it stands out more here is a pic I found on the tccoa
1.jpg

blackout50 said:
Threadjack..

Are std 94-97 T-Bird bumper covers the same as 94-95 SCs?
No the 96-97 were a little different but the 94-95 were the same
the headlights are a little different and the vent holes are thin slots

Back